Global Media Strategist
Location: Cambridge (UK) / Wilmington (US) / Gaithersburg (US)
As part of the Global Media Strategy Team within AstraZeneca's Global Commercial Digital and Innovation (GCDI) department, the Leader, Global Media Strategy will assist in crafting our organisation's global approach to paid media planning/buying as well as introducing paid media to international markets as a mechanism to achieve brand marketing goals. This includes making specific strategic recommendations for how individual markets and brands incorporate paid media into their promotional marketing mix. This role will be responsible for establishing relationships with global and local Marketing teams in key European markets, media agencies, extended business teams, and channel partners to champion the adoption, design, expansion and measurement of media campaigns targeted to healthcare professional and customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary internal point of contact for Global and the EUCAN region for all media planning activities and provide strategic guidance on in market campaigns
- Collaborate with the Director, Global Media Strategy to establish and develop AstraZeneca's global media agency framework and planning competency, and ensure adherence to corporate and brand safety standards and compliance with all local regulations
- Management and leadership of Media Agency responsible for planning, buying, performance management and optimisation of integrated paid media campaigns
- Establish market specific media buying best practices and provide guidance on ad formats, placements, brand safety, and ad verification standards, etc.
- Develop and lead media strategy and planning for key markets and; provide oversight of media planning activities to ensure that the plans reflect the goals and objectives of related brands.
- Identify opportunities and own ongoing relationships with key publishers and media partners
- Partner with the Omnichannel teams on the integration of media channels into digital Omnichannel marketing campaigns for priority brands
- Foster an environment for cross departmental collaboration by working effectively with internal and external shareholders in complementary capabilities (e.g. Omnichannel strategy team, Channel Excellence leaders, Global Procurement etc.)
- Identify and address any data, platform or technology gaps that might hinder successful test and learn deployment
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of portfolio and brand businesses inclusive of objectives, strategies, goals and market challenges
- Participate in annual brand planning and lead subsequent development of strategic brand insights, including brainstorming to assess market, audience, competitive and campaign insights
- Champion new, emerging, and evolving media channels to brands and agency
- Proactively work with Brand and business Intelligence capabilities to design campaigns goals/KPIs and subsequent measurement framework
- Working across TA Leads / Support standardization / distribution of best practice
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Paid media experience across Digital channels (paid search, paid social, display banner and online video advertising) and print planning or buying including search marketing
- Knowledge of international paid media regulations a plus
- Client relationship / Internal management experience
- Demonstrated and measurable experience planning, developing and implementing media plans, ideally cross-channel
- Current knowledge of digital media trends and technologies including ad networks, exchanges, DSPs, DMPs and RTB platforms; display, video and rich media advertising; programmatic buying, social media and mobile advertising; native ad units and content marketing, etc strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the use of 1st and 3rd party data for targeting, segmentation
- Experience working in collaborative team settings and liaising between agencies and media naive teams.
- Comfortable working in an international corporate environment contributing to and prioritizing multiple high-level projects
- Experience working in regulated industries a plus
- Experience working with campaigns targeting multiple customer groups a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, including listening as well as explaining complex ideas and technologies
- Independent self-starter with a "plug-and-play" attitude for collaboration.
- Local and Global Marketing Teams in International and EUCAN region
- GCDI Planning, Content Strategy, PMO, Channel Excellence and Scaling teams
- Global Procurement
- Media Agency
- Media Publishers
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.