Global Production Release Coordinator
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Global Production Release Coordinator will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.The position requires working collaboratively with all participants of the release project and is supportive of developers and testers during the early stages of the project.
This position works to improve related processes and practices associated with continuously building and deploying as well as helping define the IT strategic direction for release management tools to ensure the process requirements of release management are build in.
- Planning, coordination and communication of all activities involved in pre-planned production TechOps managed infrastructure maintenance windows
- Facilitates meetings and develops the release recommendation and consolidated release deployment plans based on input from multiple implementers and stakeholders within various teams
- Identify priorities, conflicts, dependencies, and risks for the release ensuring that plans are in place to mitigate the risks
- Confirms the release deployment plan is followed and that all release deliverables have been completed including pre- and post-implementation testing/verification
- Responsible for addressing general, day-to-day issues for assigned, pre-planned production maintenance windows
- Manages and maintains related HipChat rooms, mail distribution lists and shared calendars in coordination with the IIM Team
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitates release planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify proper sequencing of release packages. Ensures that issues and risks are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risk to scope and schedule.
- Defines and documents the release recommendation for each related release and/or change to production including release scope, schedule, deliverables, verification and roll back plan. Reviews release recommendation with key stakeholders.
- Oversees release decisions and processes for cross-departmental impact.
- Documents and communicates all changes for a release in release notes.
- Attends CAB meetings and deployment planning meetings to collect data and information pertaining to the release.
- Provides outage information to key stakeholders
- Coordinates and schedules key change to production activities. This includes the tracking of all elements with team leads as the project moves through testing into production.
- Supports release execution by monitoring of each phase of the release. Validates the release as it progresses thru various release gates and test phases. Alerts appropriate stakeholders of any errors or issues that need to be addressed.
- Provides release coordination and communication during and after deployment.
- Ensures change tickets are completed and obtain necessary approvals .
- Facilitates emergency releases related to release if necessary.
- Closes release requests. Organizes and conducts post-implementation meetings to collect improvement suggestions for future releases.
- Verifies capture of acceptance/signoff on deliverables.
Release Standards and Processes
- Researches software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Identifies opportunities and collects key stakeholder feedback for improvements to the release management process.
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Maintains documentation for Release Coordinator process standards to be followed.
- Coordinates related work with 3rd Party vendors to ensure compliance with Pearson process.
- Extensive release and project management experience in large, highly-integrated production environment
- Experience managing complex infrastructure technology deployments
- Proficiency in project management principles
- Formal training and certification in project management practices
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Advanced working knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional release teams to project completion
- Effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven experience empowering people and appropriately exercising authority in a collaborative cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the all levels of the organization.
- Strong influential skills with the ability to ensure processes are followed and stakeholders are engaged in issues that may not be their priority
- Demonstrated ability to create a collaborative environment and work through conflict to find appropriate solutions to critical issues
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Primary Location: US-MA-Boston
Other Locations US-CO-Centennial
Work Locations: US-MA-Boston-501 Boylston 501 Boylston St Boston 02116
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Experienced
Shift: On Call
Job Posting: Dec 5, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1718265