The Deloitte Graduate Programme is a first step on a professional career with a highly respected firm. It’s a world-class training scheme, as well as a permanent job that’ll earn you a market-leading salary and benefits.
From the moment you join, you’ll be treated as a Business Advisor, valued for the unique contribution you make and the fresh ideas you bring. You’ll work directly with clients on projects that have a very real and meaningful impact on their success. As well as gaining a recognised professional qualification, you’ll develop the kind of rounded business skills that will serve you well regardless of where your future takes you. And you’ll get all the support you need to become the leader you know you can be.
The business and regulatory world is becoming more complex. Which means our approach is evolving, we must innovate to meet the needs of our clients. Analytics, automation, cognitive technology: we’re using them all to deliver higher quality audits. So we can focus on areas of higher risk and provide business insight for all kinds of clients. You’ll become an expert on how markets, people and businesses work. You will help improve the quality of their control environment, reduce the risk of error and fraud; improve efficiency and productivity; and better understand the long term risks, such as industry and regulatory trends.
Each of our four Audit & Assurance businesses offers fascinating engagements, inspirational colleagues, and every opportunity to explore, develop and grow. The difference is in the type of clients you’ll work with.
- Private Markets: Want to work with some of the most dynamic, fastest growing clients, both as auditor but also supporting them on assurance projects? Private Markets provides a unique opportunity to get involved in such a wide range of activities; from taking a ‘star of tomorrow’ start-up through their first audit, through getting to know the nuances of a private equity-owned businesses, all the way to getting under the skin of some of the largest and most influential privately owned companies in the country. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with owners throughout their business life-cycle.
- FTSE: Imagine working with the most recognisable names, those publicly listed companies on the London Stock Exchange that are leading the business agenda here in the UK. Not only will you support your client year round, but connect with their senior teams and build strong relationships. In FTSE timing is everything as results have to be published to strict deadlines. We seek to drive higher standards of governance and transparency. Our vision? To make a positive impact on the reputation and success of our clients, the economy and the wider society.
- International: Covering multiple time zones and working closely with colleagues across the world are all part of life within our International business. You’ll work with a diverse mix of foreign-owned public companies, including major global brands, who all have an international element to their business. Working on controls based audits will allow you to develop relationships with clients far beyond the main finance team. This is complex, intellectually challenging work that offers the opportunity to build senior level, global networks.
- Financial Services: Want to develop your skills with a broad range of businesses and potentially train as a specialist? In our Financial Services business you’ll be providing auditing or assurance services for every kind of public and private financial services organisation, from entrepreneurial start-ups to the world’s largest global banks, insurance companies and asset managers. Over time, you will develop expertise in areas such as, valuation and accounting for complex financial instruments financial services regulation and internal audit.
Your professional experience
- Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
- ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
- Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology and centres of excellence take care of the standardised tasks.
- Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
- Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
- Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
- Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
- Focus on the stakeholder: we do not deliver processes but solutions designed around our clients
- Be an expert in risk assessments and audit responses: we continuously and dynamically gather, update and analyse information throughout the audit, performing all the necessary risk assessment procedures
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work: as auditors we have a responsibility to understand the scope of work performed by the experts and specialists, supervise their procedures, review their working papers and understand the conclusions they reach
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology: we deliver high quality audits via a number of enablers (i.e. our Global Audit & Assurance imperatives, our professional excellence, the constant professional development in the use of our innovative methodologies)
- Manage project plans to optimise engagements: Developing and managing a change and project plan is critical to executing high quality audits
- Formulate reasonable judgements and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs: this is not just about operations, but about being capable of making reasonable judgements, to make an impact that matters to our clients
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards: Compliance with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations (including specific local laws and regulations), ethical standards, independence requirements and the audit firm's quality control procedures
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperativesfrom all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction