MVF is one of the world’s leading customer generation companies.
Since winning the 2013 Sunday Times Tech Track as the fastest growing UK tech company (with 3-year average annual growth of 278%), the company has grown 7-fold in size again. We now employ over 500 people in the UK and USA, and run marketing activities in more than 100 countries.
The result of our growth and scale means our annual media spend is over £55M/year and we are a Top 30 UK billing client with Google - and growing rapidly.
We are on a mission to accelerate our clients’ growth by building the world’s most effective marketing platform through a passion for data, relentless innovation, and the development of world class teams.
The Growth Team is the newest team at MVF, serving as an incubator for innovation at MVF. The Growth Team’s mission is to accelerate the long-term growth of MVF by innovating and scaling new marketing channels, successfully launching more products and verticals, and entering into new sectors which transform how businesses find new customers. The team is currently in scale-up mode and will have a huge impact on MVF’s future as the business aims to deliver on its ambitions to become a European tech unicorn. We are looking for people who want to build something special here at MVF.
“A builder’s mentality helps us approach big opportunities with conviction that success can come through iteration: invent, launch, reinvent, relaunch, start over, rinse, repeat, again and again… They know the path to success is anything but straight”
The role of Growth Marketing Specialist is for those who have a passion for digital marketing, a commercial mindset, are comfortable operating independently as an internal platform consultant, and want to be part of a team who scales big transformational opportunities, fast. Growth Specialists require deep domain knowledge of at least one Biddable channel and, ideally, with broad understanding of several. They are equipped with a playbook of digital marketing tools, techniques, and strategies, and will be expected to troubleshoot complex problems in order to unlock massive value for MVF and our clients. They will possess extremely strong campaign management skills and will be capable of delivering in the most complex and challenging of circumstances. These individuals are driven by wanting to be the best, and working as internal marketing entrepreneurs.
- Marketing channel expertise - Detailed understanding of strengths and tactics of Google Paid Search. This includes current betas, trends, and end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Broad marketing knowledge - Experience and/or knowledge of other channels, or related technical experience with relevant platforms.
- Commercially minded - Think like a digital entrepreneur, and show a commercial mindset.
- Project management and problem-solving - Experience in taking major roles and delivering outcomes, plus roadmap projects, by collaborating with members of different teams.
- Manage campaigns for brand new verticals which we believe have the potential to transform the business.
- Make sure campaigns are prioritised in line with the Growth Lead and line manager.
- Deliver performance goals (ROI vs CPA) of marketing campaigns through effective strategies in line with best practices.
- Lead from the front with creative and ad testing - push to break new ground, and test, test, test.
- Scale-out the campaigns by working with the wider Growth Team to look for new opportunities within the campaign, or by launching more platforms.
- Innovative new ways to improve campaign performance through the end-to-end funnel - for example using client data to improve campaign success.
- Lead by example and share your knowledge with the wider team, and evangelising the various platforms and new technologies.
- Deliver training workshops.
- Automate processes
- Network externally with existing marketing technology partners - making sure we’re always aware of changes and trends in the landscape.
- Act as an internal consultant for new marketing channel and tactic opportunities - from building apps to testing a new channel nobody has heard of!
- Seek and provide ongoing feedback to team members - in a fast-growing scale-up team the input from talented senior people is vital in shaping the team's future.
- Play a vital role in values assessment and salary review processes.
- Take an active role in roadmap projects
Our ideal MVFer
- Impact driven
- Has the desire to learn and build new things
- Analytical - strong at data analysis and numerical reasoning
- Focuses and delivers fast - contribute quickly, to a high standard, and in a way that creates value for MVF
- Okay with imperfect, and working in an evolving landscape
- Skilled at creative design - able to create visuals, video, and other designs with tools such as Photoshop (as relevant for their marketing channels)
- Skilled at persuasive copywriting
- Innovative - generate new concepts, ideas, and solve problems
- Organised - manage their own time (and if needed other’s time) effectively
- Commercially aware - strong awareness of relevant business concepts, market places, clients, and marketing's role within wider MVF commercial function
- Strong communicator - able to convey understandable messages in written and verbal format
- Thinks critically - able to objectively analyse and evaluate an issue in order to form a judgment or recommendation
- Inputs to channel strategy - input to wider marketing tactics and tools along with the direction of the channel
- Shares knowledge - develops own knowledge and routinely disseminates that knowledge to others
What we're offering you:
- MVF truly believes in growth for its MVFers! We hold growth conversations where we discuss your future plans and work with you to create a plan to help you get there. We also have our yearly learning festival MVF Fest!
- To supplement this, you'll have £1000 per year to spend on your professional development - courses, conferences or whatever takes your fancy to take you to the next level.
- Work on innovative projects with smart like-minded people, who are keen to share their knowledge and improve on a daily basis.
- A plethora of free health & wellbeing clubs that include yoga, pilates football, ultimate frisbee, book club, boxing, personal training, spinning, dine & draw - we have been running these remotely so you can still get involved!
- Be part of our award-winning company - When we are back in the office you will notice all of our trophies as soon as you walk in!