HE Porfolio Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This role oversees the Higher Education (HE) product portfolio strategy and sales enablement in Saudi Arabia and the Gulf and Levant markets.
- Enabling sales indirectly (through training, toolkits, solution design and proposal support) and directly (through client visits and presentations).
- Collecting and feeding back customer and competitor insight to shape our go-to-market strategy.
- Working closely with colleagues in the US and UK HE teams, and Global Product Organisation, to ensure we have the best product, sales support, pricing and business models for our region, and influencing the product roadmap for HE.
- With support from the Head of Business Development, Operations and Portfolio, working with sales and marketing colleagues to define our three-year growth strategy and one-year operational plans, including sales and budget forecasting.
- Evaluate current global HE strategies and product offering in conjunction with sales and marketing colleagues, to identify customer and market opportunities to drive greater commercial performance in our region.
- Building relationships and working closely with colleagues in the Global Product Organisation to ensure we have the best possible frontlist for growth, including proactively planning for pilots and regional testing of new digital platforms and solutions.
- Collaborate with sales teams to identify opportunities to deliver solutions to partners and institutions.
- Monitor and report on sales at course / product level on a monthly basis.
- Categorise titles and products for growth, sustaining and retirement.
- Contribute to strategy-setting around pricing, business models and third-party partners, to ensure a sustainable, profitable business in changing times.
Customer insight and segmentation
- Define target segments by market in partnership with sales directors and managers, based on analysis of the market, our current sales profile, and qualitative insight. Create strategies for growth for these segments.
- Understand and communicate requirements for key customers and learners for local and/or global product planning, through regular customer visits and occasional third-party market insight projects.
- Create and own a detailed view of competitor strengths and weaknesses at a regional level.
Field sales and partner support
- Represent Pearson as a product/category expert at local events and in pre-sales conversations to directly drive takeaways, upsell and support the retention of existing business.
- In conjunction with marketing, organise author visits to region to drive new business acquisition.
- Support Customer Experience colleagues with post-sales training in key BTS periods as required.
- Run periodic and annual product training (face-to-face and virtual) for sales teams (including partners where appropriate) on key product features, customer profiles, key messages, successful implementation examples, and relevant education trends and research.
Strategy and forecasting
- Develop and deliver one-year and three-year series-level forecasts for the portfolio in conjunction with sales colleagues, as part of the strategic and operational planning cycle.
- Develop and deliver bespoke regional forecasts for new products for the Global Product Organisation, in conjunction with sales.
Solution design and bespoke development
- Provide pre-sales support to identify customer requirements.
- Lead the solution design by engaging relevant stakeholders in Pearson, and ensure that the delivery corresponds to customer expectations and requirements.
- Work closely with Service Delivery teams to ensure timely delivery.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams in a complex matrix organisation
- Good understanding of Pearson’s products and services for the Middle East market.
- Strategic mindset, and ability to make data driven decisions on segment and product choices
- Good understanding of basic financial modelling
- Intermediate Excel skills, and ability to draw insights from data
- Experience setting and tracking against measures for key projects (e.g. financial forecasting, campaign measures)
- Ability to explain and communicate strategies to peers and senior stakeholders
- Experience in a commercial role in an education company
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities in a global and changing business environment
- Ability to travel within the UAE (i.e. driving license) and around the region as required
- Advanced experience with Excel and strong analytical capabilities
- Experience conducting market and customer research
- Experience defining product requirements
- Presentation skills
- Marketing experience (education/information company)
- Sales experience (education/information company)
- Training experience (education/information company)
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Post graduate degree
- Arabic proficiency
Primary Location: AE-AE-Dubai
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jan 19, 2018
Job Unposting: Mar 20, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1718929