Head Infrastructure Asset Management (Navy) leads the Royal Navy Infrastructure Division within Navy Command. This new role will be the primary interface with the Defence Infrastructure Organisation, and is responsible for the management and prioritisation of infrastructure investment across the Naval Bases, Naval Air Stations, training estate, Royal Marine and Reserve estates, whilst ensuring that regulatory compliance is maintained.
The post holder will be responsible for around 30 civilian and military staff, based at different locations.
Specific responsibilities / activities include:
- RN lead for the Defence Infrastructure Model Reform Programme; support the Defence Infrastructure Organisation transformation, and implement the Defence Infrastructure System Operating Model in Navy Command.
- To lead the transformation of the Navy Command Infrastructure organisation into a high performing integrated ISO 9001-2008(s6.3) based Estate Asset Management Organisation, sufficiently skilled and resourced, to manage the delegation of infrastructure funding to the Navy TLB.
- To lead the development and implementation of an infrastructure investment plan that matches command plan priorities with investment in new capabilities, and maintaining and sustaining existing capabilities.
- To lead the integration of Naval Base Asset Management into the Navy Infrastructure organisation.
- To lead the development of the Navy's ‘Estate Optimisation' programme.
- To be the Senior Responsible Owner for Infrastructure Projects as required.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate their capability and potential against the following criteria:
- Evidence of strong visible leadership in support of long term delivery programmes, with a proven ability to develop motivated, engaged, high performance teams.
- Success in a senior leadership role involving external engagement at very senior levels across the private and/or public sector.
- Proven track record of managing multi-faceted projects and programmes within a complex stakeholder environment delivering transformational change.
- Proven track record in leading large scale high hazard industrial Infrastructure organisations in an integrated ISO 9001-2008(s6.3) based Estate Asset Management System.
- Demonstrated resilience and high levels of negotiating and influencing skills, to deliver positive outcomes in challenging environments, such as acute time and cost constraints, in politically/operationally sensitive organisations.
- Strong understanding of the MOD, Armed Forces and Naval Service would be advantageous.
- Recognised Infrastructure Asset Management qualification(s) and relevant experience.
- Major Projects Leadership Academy and APM Registered Project Professional.
Civil Service Competencies:
Seeing the Big Picture
Changing and Improving
Making Effective Decisions
Leading and Communicating
Collaborating and Partnering
Delivering Value for Money
Property Asset Management Competencies Framework:
- Strategy and Business Level 3
- Planning to deliver Level 3
- Delivering Change Level 3
Pensions - Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Things you need to know
Security - Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
Selection process details- Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Nationality requirements - Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.
Eligibility- Candidates in their probationary period are not eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.