The post holder will ensure that a ‘fit for purpose’ approach to benefits measurement and realisation is used to provide assurance that the benefits identified can be and are achieved. This will involve working closely with colleagues in Finance, Operations and Digital, Data and Technology as well as individual benefits owners across HMLR.
About the job
The Head of Benefits Management will be accountable for developing, managing and embedding HMLRs Benefits Management Framework, proactively identifying, quantifying, tracking and ensuring the realisation of benefits used to justify investment across the change portfolio. The post holder will ensure that a ‘fit for purpose’ approach to benefits measurement and realisation is used to provide assurance that the benefits identified can be and are achieved. This will involve working closely with colleagues in Finance, Operations and Digital, Data and Technology as well as individual benefits owners across HMLR.
Roles and Responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Apply industry best practise to design, agree and implement a fit for purpose benefits management framework for HMLR, together with all associated artefacts.
- Develop a clear vision and champion the use of best practice benefits management standards, tools and processes through upskilling and constructive challenge with senior project and programme leaders.
- Oversee the identification of all transformation portfolio benefits within the HMLR Transformation Portfolio
- Oversee the definition of the benefits profile, quantification and measurement in the design, development, delivery and implementation phases of all HMLR programmes and projects.
- Identify risks and subsequent impacts on benefits realisation, and then work alongside and support projects and programmes to bring benefits back on track. Collaborate with business units to effectively prevent and mitigate risks and issues affecting specific changes and cumulative changes
- Work with the Head of Business Change and local offices to develop a consistent and robust handover process as projects approach implementation.
- Work with finance colleagues to develop and embed a robust and consistent benefits tracking and realisation process.
- Lead on the development of benefits management capability and awareness across the HMLR
- Provide visible and effective leadership across the Transformation Directorate.
- Build strong networks both internally and externally.
- No direct line management responsibilities initially however this may change as the scale and pace of the Transformation Portfolio increases.
- Responsible for own resources
For more information please click the APPLY NOW Button