Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Johnson & Johnson, Consumer:
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career
The Category Development team is tasked with driving J&J’s business through delivering category plans that build sustainable growth and profit relative to category expectations for both J&J and our key customers.
The Head of Category Development, Northern Europe is the driving force of the Category Development team and their leadership, focus and prioritisation will ultimately determine the success of the team. Their aim will be to develop, maintain and continually evolve a Category capability that is a true differentiator for J&J versus the competition and deliver best in class physical availability.
You would be responsible for ensuring that J&J is future facing and building category visions / strategies for each of the J&J Global Franchise Organisations / categories that ensure future growth.
This role is a key member of the Customer Development Leadership Team (CDLT) and also acts as the gatekeeper for all work into the Category team.
Category Thought Leadership & Expertise:
- Refresh and evolve compelling Category Strategies for each of the J&J Global Franchise organisations (GFO) with clear shopper needs based drivers and defined tactics to execute and drive category growth.
- Support deployment of the J&J macro Health, Beauty and Wellness category vision and ensure strong linkages / synergies with individual GFO plans
- Lead Category Growth Story development for EMEA shopper as appropriate and ensure OTIF delivery in line with regional workplan
- Segment the customer base, identify target retailers and build plans to develop Category partnerships with them. Design joint value creation opportunities and engage contacts at senior level to get customer commitment and ensure exceptional support for J&J innovation and initiatives
- Develop the in-store / on-line look of success for the categories in each channel and recommend actionable shopper solutions to support the vision.
- Drive external orientation and lead competitor insight by category across priority channels and strategic customers
- Lead the category team and build a capability to deliver key category development / management skills and competencies
- Challenge, coach and inspire team in their development of winning category plans
- Drive high quality relationships with Marketing, ensuring they understand what J&J need to deliver category growth and understand how best to deploy
- Work with Regional Shopper to influence Global / Regional Category strategy and plans to ensure alignment and relevance to UK context and needs
- ·Work with the Sales BUHs and Shopper Marketing BUH to manage Strategic Category / Channel / Brand choices
Integrated Business Planning
- Lead Category Team input into all parts of the IBP process providing clear guidance on level of category growth and incorporating understanding on shoppers, category, customer, competition, channel and external environment to help shape go to market plans for retailers
- Lead category engagement in retailer planning days fully providing the objective category story to support J&J initiatives
- Ensure the team are effective partners / participants in PIPs and input the right category / shopper elements to drive the right outcomes in these forums
- Play a lead role in co-ordinating regional / global workstreams with regional and cluster shopper teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Track record of sales leadership and developing others in blue chip, FMCG environment with strong category development experience
- A highly numerate and strategic thinking individual with the ability to analyse market, category and financial data to identify key trends and recommend creative solutions.
- Expert understanding of key customer dynamics in grocery retailing and of consumer marketing and manufacturing within an FMCG environment.
- Developed interpersonal skills and high personal credibility to interface between both internal functions and external customers at senior levels
- Proficient knowledge and use of MS Office, IMS, Tableau, Nielsen, Dunnhumby and Kantar.
- Recognised as a source of motivation and commitment, including the ability to create a compelling strategic vision, across team and broader CD organisation
- Sought out as an expert, both internally and externally, in reaching a positive outcome to challenging and complex situations
- Mentors others on delivering impactful, passionate messages that have an enterprise wide impact
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals – winning attitude
- Collaboration with multiple stakeholders
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.