The successful post holder will be responsible for ensuring that change activity is prioritised to deliver maximum benefits to the organisation and that business cases are developed, agreed and updated to align with HMLR business and change priorities and in line with Treasury best practise.
Regular travel to other HMLR offices will be required, with overnight stays expected where appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of HMLRs business Blueprint
- Oversee the development of a robust yet flexible business architecture that supports the implementation of the Blueprint and underpinning design requirements, working with key stakeholders across the organisation
- Ensure high-level design concepts reflecting core organisational processes, architecture and principles are appropriate and transparent to maintain focus on meeting business/service needs and ensure interoperability and quality control.
- Work closely with Head of Delivery to ensure all elements of the change portfolio are aligned (people, processes, technology, estates) to the Blueprint
- Provide assurance to the Transformation Board that project and Programme deliverables and outcomes are focused on achieving the aims of HMLR’s Business Strategy and all supporting strategies.
- Prioritise programme and project activity to best align with the delivery of HMLR’s Business Strategy.
- Ensure that the optimal balance between strategic solutions and the tactical solutions meet business needs.
- Develop and own the Portfolio Change Control process.
- Provide input/assurance to Transformation Board as part of the project/programme commissioning process.
- Work with the Deputy Director for Strategic Planning and Performance to develop a clear vision and standards for the creation of business cases across the Transformation Portfolio ensuring compliance with organisational and HM Treasury requirements.
- Work with the Deputy Director for Strategic Planning and Performance to develop the in-house capability to create successful business cases, working closely with Finance colleagues to ensure financial rigour.
- Act as the HMLR lead for external business case approvals, building effective external stakeholder relationships.
- Provide visible and effective leadership as part of the Transformation Directorate Senior Leadership Team.
- Deputise for the Director of Transformation as appropriate.Build strong networks both internally and externally.
- Line management responsibility for 1 x SRA1 Head of benefits Management, 1x SRA2 and 1 x RE1.
- Budget Holder, acts in line with requirements detailed in personal letter of delegation from Accounting Officer.