The Head of Development Faculty is a key role within the Defence Academy. You will be responsible for the planning, development and assurance of the Defence Academy education portfolio which is delivered by the 5 Academic Faculties. In addition you will direct business development initiatives to meet financial targets and lead Defence Academy marketing and communications.
As head of Development Faculty, you will be leading a team of over 75 military, civil servants and contracted staff across 3 teams:
- Learning Development and Assurance
- Defence Education Research & Analysis
- Customers & Communications
The key responsibilities of the post are:
- Leading the analysis, design and development of Defence Academy education interventions to ensure Defence develops its intellectual edge.
- Lead Defence research into education and ensure the Academy remains up to date with the latest innovations and is optimised to deliver efficient, effective and interesting learning interventions.
- Ensuring Defence Academy portfolio complies with Defence policy with the ability of timely adaptation to meet changing customer’s needs.
- Developing and reporting management information to the Executive on business output, the student experience and customer satisfaction, helping to ensure the Academy learns from experience and is committed to continuous improvement.
- Engaging extensively across academia, government, industry and international military education organisations to develop and communicate the Academy’s education product and plans.
- Ensuring instructional staff are well trained and motivated to deliver an effective, positive learning experience for Defence Academy students.
- Leading major change projects as directed by Defence Academy Executive Committee (ExCo).
- Maximizing the impact of Defence Academy Marketing and Communications functions through its use of strategic communications and campaigns.
The Head of Development Faculty is also also a member of –
- Defence Academy Executive Committee.
- Deputy Chair of the Defence Academy Education Committee.
- Chair of the Academic and Performance Assurance Panel.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to conferences and to represent the Defence Academy at overseas military education organisations.