We are looking for a professional, experienced and highly motivated Head of Finance to provide effective and efficient support to the Business Operations Manager and Senior Management team in this international unit within Cabinet Office Communications. Principally responsible for accounting and financial reporting, the successful candidate will support a virtual and growing team of 30+ staff, in the heart of our Operations function. You will need to be able to demonstrate a keen interest in changing and embedding new processes as well as evidence of having delivering them effectively.
- Lead the preparation of all financial accounts, statutory and management reports for the Unit;
- Overall responsibility and management of ensuring the smooth process of requisitions and purchase orders and payment of supplier invoices;
- Providing accounting advice during all stages of project development and delivery;
- Senior stakeholder engagement to ensure that any advice is based on solid financial evidence, has been reviewed at the appropriate level and that any issues are raised in a timely and appropriate manner;
- Supporting the Director as a trusted advisor for Finance matters in the unit;
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of financial standards and future changes;
- Managing upwards and coaching more junior staff to complete finance business as usual tasks;
- Working alongside Finance colleagues in the department to ensure that best practice is implemented across the unit and ensuring that all known technical accounting issues are dealt with in a timely and planned manner.