Management, Public Sector
London, Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield
£65,000 or £68,500 in London
Working in Finance Group as a professional analyst offers considerable opportunities to play a critical role in the decision making of Ministers and senior officials.
The postholder leads a division which provides a range of analytical services to Finance Group (FG), DWP and other Government organisations. In particular it:
- Leads DWP’s engagement with the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR); ensuring their forecasts reflect the best assessment of likely future spending;
- Supports Ministers and officials to understand benefit spending and providing briefing and information for public usage;
- Support DWP’s commercial decisions in the health and employment contracting market, and the management of health services contracts;
- Provides support to other parts of Directorate / FG to enable them to provide effective challenge to DWP and HMT plans, including scrutiny of Departmental Expenditure Limits (DEL) and Annually Managed Expenditure AME) of policy costings, and assessments of risk;
- Develops and reports productivity measures for DWP, to support the drive for efficiency and track progress;
- Provides support and training to HR on areas including diversity, people performance, staff engagement, and capability;
- Provides strategic resource planning advice to HR, Operations and others, including resource, workforce and pay bill modelling and insight to support the People & Locations Programme to make future people and estates decisions;
- Oversees analysis on devolution to ensure the fairest possible outcome for DWP and Scottish Government, and advises on the fiscal consequences for the department of particular proposals.