Responsible for: delivering finance systems exploitation and improved Management Information which are key components of the Department’s Finance Functional Leadership Transformation Programme; the finance function relationship with the in-house shared service centre (Defence Business Services); and finance systems business and data architect.
The post holder’s primary role is to:
Key responsibilities include:
• Support the Finance Functional Leadership programme by delivering key system changes and exploiting the functionality we have both in the Oracle ERP and in the financial planning tools the Department utilises.
• Work with relevant organisations to facilitate future approvals for MOD finance systems changes (the pipeline) and agreement to the architecture.
• Work proactively with colleagues from Other Government Departments to ensure a coherent approach to finance systems development including being a member of the Design Authority Working Group.
• Work closely with other functions, particularly the Commercial, to ensure the integrity of the finance data and processes is maintained including driving the delivery of the non-core procurement project.
• Work closely with the Finance pillar in the Defence Business Services to deliver greater automation and improved finance processes.
• Champion the development of financial management information.
• Must be a qualified accountant and ideally with some programme or project management experience.
• Demonstrate the ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders including those at senior levels.
• Give examples of where you have used your knowledge and experience to create and contribute to a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
• Demonstrate the ability to provide strong leadership, including setting direction, and managing and building a diverse team with skills to meet current and future business needs.
• Proven leadership and change management capabilities across a matrix managed organisation.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate messages clearly across all levels of the organisation.