This role is available for full-time only
The Operations Planning Lead is an exciting role which is critical in delivering the integrated resource plan for the c.65,000 people across DWP Operations.
Reporting to the Operations Planning & Performance Director, you will ensure that Operations has the right resource in place to meet forecast demand in order to deliver a consistently good service across all operational products and 850+ sites.
You will provide a governance process that alongside Finance and HR provides the Operations Director General and wider department with assurance that resource changes are effectively impacted, prioritised and validated and produce the Operations business plan that reflects operational and departmental priorities to 2021.
You will lead the Directorate communications function, aligning key messages to our cross-Operations audience as well as communications within the OPP Directorate and also lead the internal Directorate planning and business support functions to deliver continuous improvement through direct and indirect influence.
You will also ensure effective ways of working with Finance, HR & Change to ensure a system approach to effective resourcing to ensure the overall plan is
Your responsibilities will include:
For further information about the role and details on how to apply please click the attached link.
- Provide ongoing planning and prioritisation, and (where necessary) challenge Operations Directors, to ensure that resources are in place to maintain good service levels can be maintained across products at all times.
- Lead role in consultation with Departmental Trade Unions on the Employee Deal.
- Develop, agree and publish the DWP Operations business plan and refresh this at agreed intervals.
- Provide visibility and assurance in demand-led resource related decision making and prioritisation, underpinned by consistent methodology and appropriate governance, chairing appropriate change control boards of senior colleagues from both Operations, Finance and HR.
- Understand and champion the relationship between performance management, quality and resourcing to Operations Directors and identify key risks.
- Develop head of profession expertise around Operations Resource Planning; developing and maintaining a personal overarching understanding and knowledge of Operations and working with other Government Departments to promote continuous improvement.
- Responsibility for ensuring the Operations Planning Team is run in accordance with governance and risk management requirements.
- Accountability for the input to and development and maintenance of business models, which support business analysis and forecasting.
- Development and delivery of ad-hoc briefings, reports and presentations, often to challenging deadlines.
- Monitoring Operational budgets, including resource analysis and developing detailed recommendations on achieving improved value for money and efficiency.
- Management of five Direct Reports: 5 Grade 6s and a broader team of c.30