Head of Partnership Management
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Head, Partnership Management is a senior leader of the Managed Services UK team and directly manages the performance of a University Partnership. The overall responsibility for the Head, Partnership Management is to provide the strategic direction, management and leadership of a portfolio of online post-graduate masters programmes launched in long-term partnership with UK Universities. This portfolio of programmes is supported by a business unit responsible for the marketing, recruitment and retention services for our academic institution partners. The Head, Partnership Management will be fully accountable for the success of this business unit by creating and executing a detailed and rigorous account plan, managing the P&L for the business unit, building relationships with key stakeholders within the Partner Institution and launching new programs successfully.
Business Unit Leadership
- Provide the strategic direction and leadership for the business unit.
- Ensure the unit is working collaboratively as a team to achieve plan objectives and that each function is performing at optimum levels.
Academic Partner Relationship Management
- Build relationships with the key stakeholders within the University/Academic Partner. Understand their vision for future growth and explore new opportunities.
- Keep the Academic Partners posted on new opportunities in their space and on new practices.
- Facilitate bi-weekly or monthly meetings with the stakeholders at the University to ensure that all aspects of the business are functioning successfully.
- Collaborate with the functional leaders to ensure best practices are implemented within the business unit.
- Create strategic account plans for all Academic Partners by understanding both the industry and the Academic Partner’s long term vision.
- Oversee any contractual payments to Academic Partners.
- Manage the portfolio of Academic Partners against the P&L for every Academic Partner.
- Work with the functional leaders to ensure their individual budgets and headcounts are following the plan.
- Identify any impacts on P&L because of special requests made by Academic Partner and propose solutions to ensure alignment with P&L.
- Facilitate initial launch meetings with Academic Partner and introduce the functional leaders to the Academic Partner.
- Oversee the implementation of the launch plan to ensure successful launch and Academic Partner satisfaction during launch.
- Provide bi-weekly results of marketing launch to Academic Partner and ensure application trends are leading to achieving enrollment targets.
- Work with internal leaders to ensure that integration with different departments at the Institution is successfully implemented.
- Bachelor Degree required, Master Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten to fifteen years of professional experience, five (5) of which ideally is in a service oriented consulting or Account Management role serving Higher Education.
- Significant online learning and/or strong consulting experience across a variety of industries.
- Experience in managing P&L.
- Able to make decisions with a proven track record of decision making.
- Excellent leadership, relationship building, negotiation, communication (written and oral), presentation, planning and organizational skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to identify and propose new tasks and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead and work against resistance to accomplish goals.
- Highly proficient with office automation tools (MS Office) as well as internet and various databases both internal and external.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
Primary Location: United Kingdom
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 20, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 18, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1720214
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled