Head of Performance
Based: UK (Flexible)
Reports to: Group COO
Group Overview: YMU Group is a leading management and professional services company based out of the UK and US. Our mission is to bring added success to everyone who deals with us – both talent and industry clients. We aim to create the circumstances where talented people can build their reputation, influence and success.
We work courageously and persistently with elite talent and clients who represent the best in the industry. We provide a portfolio of services to a wide range of professionals consisting of leaders in entertainment, film, music, radio, television and sport, including athletes, authors, digital influencers, media rights holders, musicians, producers and TV personalities
We strive to be the best company to work for, and are constantly looking for ways to improve on every level, from providing excellent services to our clients, to staff satisfaction, to diversity and inclusion, mental health and wellbeing
Our core values: We are client first: The Group’s entire purpose and DNA is centred around serving our clients first and foremost
We are collaborative: We are the many not the few. Clients can access breadth and scale of our service
We are curious: Our clients expect us to be progressive, innovative and informed.
We are egoless: Team is at the core of everything that we do, and the strength of the team is in the collective, not the individual
We are courageous: We are clear about who we are even when that can be deemed as controversial
Job Purpose: The capability requirements to manage elite talent are rapidly changing. As such, we need to ensure that we are driving a a high performance culture and are equiping are colleagues with the correct skills to deliver an elite service to our clients. We need a forward thinking individual who can create this culture and own a diverse training program that ensures we develop our colleagues to meet the needs of a future Talent Management company across a range of Entertainment, Sport, Drama and Comedy, Music and Business Management verticals and geographies.
This role will also be critical in creating a high performance culture, and providing the opportunities for our colleagues to be the best they can be, by providing a clear and effective development path that is tailorable to their needs, and suitable to continue to push YMU Group to be the Talent Management company of choice to both clients and colleagues alike.
A note from our CEO: “This role is absolutely critical and is front and centre of our strategy. We are a people business and thrive on the exceptional work of our colleagues, who service our elite clients every day. We want people to do the best work of their careers at YMU and to empower them with the tools and skills in order to achieve that. Investment in our team aligns our higher purpose with our business goals.”
• Responsible for driving a high performance culture in the organisation, that can be measured and monitored
• Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of the learning and development needs of all of our colleagues, in the UK and the US.
• Ensure that this is flexible enough such that all of YMU’s divisions have a training program that meets their specific needs, while ensuring that there is consistency across the Group.
• Develop and track measurable KPIs relevant for the L&D program, which hold both YMU and the individual to account.
• Set clear goals, with relevant timeframes, for each individual and be responsible for monitoring completion and raising exceptions to the relevant divisional MDs
• Encourage and champion innovation in L&D to both cater for a diverse workforce
• Bring leading L&D practices into YMU and tailor it such that our L&D program.
• Identify and implement relevant tools, systems and processes to augment with YMU’s existing infrastructure to build a clear, robust L&D program that is easy to understand and easy to use
• Develop and manage the L&D expenditure budget for the Group, and help each division utilise their spend as appropriately as possible
• Work closely with the COO and the rest of the Central team to help develop the people strategy and drive a high performance culture that develops potential and retains the key colleagues required to meet the future business’ needs
• Help the Group provide an environment where diversity can thrive, ensuring that all current and prospective colleagues feel they have the right learning opportunities to thrive
• Manage the Apprenticeship Levy program, and identify any other grants that can be used by YMU
• Design and manage an escalation process for colleagues who do not feel they are being offered the L&D opportunities they desire
• Relevant L&D qualifications and certifications that demonstrate deep knowledge of L&D practices
• Deep insight and experience, with proven track record, of designing effective L&D programs that move the needle in developing individuals’ careers.
• Experience of delivering an L&D program from start to finish, including; discovery, design, development, implementation and revision
• Knowledge of a Talent Management company would be advantageous, such that you will have awareness of what skills are required for Talent Managers, but is not essential.
• Have the ability to listen, digest and interpret from internal and external industry experts to identify what is required within an L&D program.
• Able to progress towards longer-term goals with tenacity and resilience, at ease with ambiguity and changing priorities / needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Experience of project managing learning initiatives with a diverse and global team
• Passionate about learning, and keeping up to date of L&D practices and challenges
• Experience of working to deadlines with excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively
• Excellent communication and influencing skills (verbal and written) and able to make the complex simple and bring key concepts of L&D to life for stakeholders.
• Experience in bringing external thinking into our decision making and approach, including the ability to maintain a good external network and staying up to date with developments in L&D techniques and innovation.
What we Offer…
We offer a wide variety of benefits including:
• Colleagues Incentive Scheme
• Private medical after 12 months' service
• Enhanced parental leave
• Employee pension scheme
• Unlimited holiday
• Access to flexible working conditions
YM&U Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to protected diversity characteristics such as race/ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All successful job applications are subject to referencing and background checks.