The post holder will also develop strategic and tactical roadmaps for technologies and services in area of responsibility ensuring they are future proofed and the organisation derives maximum value from investment in technologies. The role owns the operational relationships with suppliers ensuring services and products are delivered aligned to industry best practice, regulatory and contractual requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
For further information about the role and details on how to apply please click the attached link.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team of circa 120 people to ensure all the capabilities, processes and skills are optimised to ensure that all services are operated, monitored, supported and maintained to best practise standards aligned to organisation and service requirements, IT and Department strategy and policy and KPIs;
- Develop fit for purpose Management Information Reporting for areas of responsibility according to best practise standards in support of service, financial management and decision making e.g. performance, trends and capacity reporting;
- Develop, agree and manage budgets and ownership of financial performance for own area of responsibility ensuring all expenditure is appropriately planned, authorised and progressed.
- Manage projects and programmes in own area of accountability throughout lifecycle aligned to departmental or industry best practise standards;
- Act as Major Incident manager and escalation point for all service related issues in area of accountability
- Manage the supplier relationship of key strategic services to ensure that;
- Ensure services are aligned with best practice and delivers value for money and technical stability to the departments environment;
- Provide specialist technical support and assistance to the development of IT and IT Operations strategy supporting the organisational strategy and Key Performance indicators;
- Be accountable for infrastructure and service improvement projects ensuring definition and delivery of requisite non-functional requirements
- Manage architectural roadmap developments and continual service improvement
- Lead, coach and mentor team to ensure provision of first class service, as well as consistent levels of capability available as required by the organisation;
- Ensure the teams personal development is progressed in line with organisation requirements
- Own risk register for technical area, ensuring that appropriate management and mitigation plans and actions are implemented
- ·Undertake additional duties as the Head of Role for Operations Management, which seeks to develop people in this community who run and support all our Technology services provided to our colleagues and our customers. Operations Management includes Incident Management, Service Management and Production Operations.
- Direct line management of 4 members of staff.