The Legal Aid Agency is committed to delivering more efficient, smarter services to recipients of legal aid, tax payers and legal aid providers; whilst ensuring that the LAA remains a great place to work and enabling our people to achieve their full potential through being fair, proud and supportive.
As Head of Transformation, you will be responsible for leading the Agency Transformation Programme, ensuring that programme benefits are delivered and that the strong operational performance and staff engagement of the LAA is maintained throughout the transformation. You will also be required to ensure the effective engagement of people across the LAA and drive a culture where there is collective ownership for delivery of change, as well as providing strong leadership to an established programme team of c.25 project and Director Exports and programme management professionals.
As a member of the LAA’s Executive Leadership Team, you will be a strong corporate leader, part of a supportive and empowered team of individuals responsible for the leadership of the LAA. You will work particularly closely with the LAA’s Head of Corporate Centre who leads our programme of engagement, organisational design and development.
We are looking for someone who will bring energy, drive and creativity to the role, as well as a broad range of leadership, strategic, change, communication and delivery skills.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Business case – Lead the development of the Full Business Case, alignment with senior stakeholders and agreement through Programme Board / Senior Responsible Owner / Management Board / HM Treasury.
- Communications & Stakeholder Management – Ensure stakeholder interests are identified and addressed. Segment and manage multiple stakeholder groups appropriately in complex environments. Build consensus across a large and often diverse group of stakeholders and develop strategic relationships with internal and external suppliers. Work closely with the SRO to co-manage senior stakeholders.
- Guidance – Provide direction and guidance on development to team and more broadly across department and government.
- Resource Management – Build and maintain a strong delivery-focused programme team. Provide leadership and direct larger multi-disciplinary teams to deliver successfully.
- Risks & Issues – Accountable for ensuring strategic and operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigated. Ensure senior stakeholders are briefed, updated and where appropriate, enrolled in the management and control of key risks. Identify and engage specialists as appropriate.
- Benefits realisation – Provide strategic leadership in monitoring benefit delivery and to maximise benefits from the programme.
- Programme Performance & Controls – Responsible for identifying success criteria, set project controls and be accountable for performance. Monitor and control progress, engage fully with assurance and respond to recommendations.
- Leadership vision & objectives – Create an environment in which projects can succeed – working effectively together and managing dependencies. Deliver benefits and outcomes set out in business case.
- Dependency Management – Quality Assure the dependency management process, work with senior stakeholders to resolve issues and act as a link between the programme and business governance.