Head of Website Content
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
TheHead of website contentis responsible for the management, implementation, and oversight of content on Pearson websites for the UK, with the goals of improving customer experience, increasing engagement, driving ecommerce revenue and building brand loyalty.
Working across the business, you will lead the development of website content strategy for the UK and international websites under the remit of the UK web marketing team (Pearson qualifications, Pearson Higher Education catalogue). This will include the implementation of website roadmaps, including the consolidation of existing websites under a new domain strategy, developing new approaches to deliver more personalised website content, repurposing content and managing the transition of the UK business to a new content management system, ensuring that content checkpoints are in place to maintain quality (editorial guidelines, content workflows, etc), putting in place a maintenance schedule for all content, and developing the existing content team to effectively manage a new devolved publishing model.
Main activities / responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Pearson web content specialists globally to develop global web content strategy, including personalisation approaches, content governance and website content authoring models (devolved verses centralised)
- Support in the development of global best practice, ensuring that web content in the UK is consistent with overall business objectives and reflect company’s style and voice through adherence to content style guidelines and accessibility standards.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Pearson business and the full range of products, services, and solutions we offer.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to ensure web content strategy buy-in and be the lead advocate of the web content strategy in the UK. You will demonstrate an ability to inspire and influence to achieve content excellence.
- Raise awareness in the business of what makes good web content, with an emphasis on mobile and content-first approaches.
- Work across business units and with the UK UX lead to optimise customer journeys across UK websites and ensure website content is regularly refreshed and kept up to date.
- Ensure clear ownership of website content in the UK and support colleagues across the business who are responsible for owning and updating content in relevant areas of the website.
- Manage the roll-out of a new content management system (Adobe Experience Manager) and processes to support our devolved publishing model. Coordinate content training and accreditation in the UK.
- Monitor KPIs for website content and produce of monthly statistics reports, project updates, CMS usage breakdown for business reporting.
- Lead the content audit and assist with the content migration process for the delivery of the OneDotCom programme in the UK.
- Manage and develop the skills of the web content team in the UK ensuring that all content projects are adequately resourced. Oversee freelancers or third-party suppliers to support projects as required.
- Collaborate with colleagues in business units, to understand their business objectives, ensure web content strategy meets is aligned with business priorities and that cohesive messaging is in place across UK business units
- Ensure best practice SEO recommendations are implemented in content publishing in conjunction with OneDotCom team. Optimize web content in the UK based on keyword recommendations from Search Marketing teams
Qualifications, experience and personal specification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with content development and publishing
- Previous experience of implementing a web content strategy
- Previous experience of leading on a content migration project
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong relationship builder with an ability to build networks
- Demonstration of exceptional verbal written and presentation skills, including good grammar, spelling, punctuation and attention to detail
- Ability to operate under pressure, within tight deadlines and in a dynamic environment
- Skilled in proofreading and editing
- Confident presenter and trainer able to command attention and interest and share discipline expertise
- Previous experience with managing content teams
- Previous experience working on a project using the Agile methodology
- Intermediate SEO knowledge and experience
- Intermediate web analytics knowledge and experience
- Previous experience working on a global brand
- Familiar with content management systems, ideally Adobe Experience Manager
- Personification of the Pearson values
- User Experience
- Digital Content
- Brand Narrative and Messaging
- Brand Campaigns
- Product Campaigns
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Global Corporate Affairs & Marketing
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 25, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1808529
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled