You will be based at our headquarters in either Leeds or London, and will undertake several work placements over three years in your preferred location. The Scheme includes placements in core policy roles, our Arm’s Length Bodies/NHS and Private Office, or a similar type role, to give first-hand experience of working intensively with Ministers.
Scheme participants receive a comprehensive development and support package including; a senior leader as mentor and a fully supported MSc in Health Policy (delivered by the Imperial College). By the end of the Scheme, we expect participants to compete for leadership roles in the £48,086 to £51,801 bracket.
What we are looking for
We believe the best policy professionals come from all walks of life .We want people who have a real passion for making improvements across the health and social care area.
You will need to be:
• A good communicator, and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and change.
• An innovative leader and somebody who looks for opportunities to do things differently, while anticipating economic, social and technological opportunities and risks.
• Someone who enjoys collaborating with others and have good influencing skills. Able to build collaborative relationships that balance challenge with support, and develop trust and mutual respect across the wider health care system.
• Use sound judgment and evidence to make effective decisions.
• Able to manage in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
• Someone with at least a 2.1 degree, in any subject. Current Civil Servants, who have served their probation period can apply without a degree.
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.
External applicants must hold an undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above.
All OGD's please select yes to this question to prevent your application being rejected on eligibility.