To deliver an enabling health and safety service across the NCA as part of a team, promoting compliance with H&S law and best practice whilst supporting business area objectives in protecting the public.
• To continuously improve a positive health and safety culture in the NCA by working with Officers at all levels to control hazards through development and promotion of robust systems incorporating a sensible risk management approach.
• Coach and support Senior Leaders, Managers and Officers providing advice and guidance on health and safety issues arising from work activities across the NCA including operational activity.
• Support various forums and specialist working groups to provide H&S advice, guidance and support.
• Plan, design and deliver training products in all aspects of H&S management .
• Carry out proactive monitoring of the H&S management systems, including audits and inspections, providing reports and communicating key learning points.
• Lead and support the development, review and implementation of H&S policy operating procedures and safe systems, utilising the latest H&S innovation and legislation.
• Assist in the research, development, collation, co-ordination and dissemination of management information including reports, briefings, business plans, risk registers, presentations and web based communications as appropriate.
• Complete and assist line managers with incident investigations liaising with external enforcement bodies where relevant.
• Manage and direct resources to ensure work is completed within agreed timescales/financial constraints and quality standards, in line with Agency policy.
• Supervise the quality, secure handling and dissemination of data/information, maintaining confidentiality, sensitivity and a duty of care in line with Agency policy.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to foster collaborative working.
Roles based in London will receive an additional London Weighting of £3,258. Pay principles on Civil Service transfers apply for current civil servants transferring to the NCA at the equivalent grade.