Job DescriptionHealthcare Assistant – ASD/LD Pathway, NottinghamshireLocation: Winslow Salary: From £16,486 per annum £17,460 per annum for those who have completed the Care Certificate from June 2018*Hours: 37.5 per week
We are seeking highly motivated health care assistants to work with us on community Service Winslow
This is your opportunity to be part of specialist services for people with a Learning Disability (LD) and or Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). You be part of the multi disciplinary team of Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Psychologists, Social Workers and Responsible Clinicians that work on the ward who are able to provide expertise in all aspects of the service users' requirements. You will also be trained within all aspects of the role and have a mentor to support you. You do not have to have been a Health Care Assistant before as long as you are caring, committed, and compassionate about people and would like to improve people’s quality of life.
The job can be highly rewarding though is challenging at times, but with the training we give you and the experience you will learn will give you the skills to support people in a least restrictive way and help the people to thrive and move forward.
Many of the service users have experienced severe trauma in their lives and staff members need to work to develop a compassionate and sensitive ward culture that helps to develop trust and a positive theraputic rapport. Our objective is to help people feel safe enough to learn new ways of behaving so that they can move towards lowe secure environments or community living. Your profile
There are no set entry requirements to become a Healthcare Assistant but there are skills and personal characteristics needed.
To be a Healthcare Assistant in mental health care, you will need to be:
- Caring and kind
- Cheerful and friendly
- Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc.) in some areas
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
You'll also need:
- Communication and listening skills
- Organisational skills
- Observational skills
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Closing date: Sunday 20th May 2018 * You will need a minimum of 1 years relevant experience and proof of completion of care certificate will be required at interview stage
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
- There is the opportunity for you to apply to our Aspire Programme, a nursing bursary programme, which could support you while training to be a qualified nurse. Each year we provide the financial and development support for 20 of our employees to gain a Nursing Degree.