Healthcare Assistant – Winslow ASD and LD community step downLocation: Bestwood Village, NottinghamshireSalary: From £16,486 per annum Hours: 37.5 per
Job DescriptionHealthcare Assistant – Winslow ASD and LD community step down
Location: Bestwood Village, Nottinghamshire
Salary: From £16,486 per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week
We are seeking highly motivated health care assistants to work with us within Winslow community step down.
Our Winslow service has been developed to provide enhanced care for individuals with complex presentations, who are transitioning away from secure hospital care to a community setting. It comprises six self-contained residential apartments offering independent living within a community based environment.
With an emphasis on sustainable living and vocational skills development, our aim is for residents to transition to successful community living.
There are no set entry requirements to become a Healthcare Assistant but there are skills and personal characteristics needed.
To be a Healthcare Assistant in mental health care, you will need to be:
· Caring and kind
· Cheerful and friendly
· Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc.) in some areas
· Able to follow instructions and procedures
· Able to work in a team but use your own initiative
You'll also need:
· Communication and listening skills
· Organisational skills
· Observational skills
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualifications
· There is the opportunity for you to apply to our Aspire Programme, a nursing bursary programme, which could support you while training to be a qualified nurse. Each year we provide the financial and development support for 20 of our employees to gain a Nursing Degree.
Closing date: Sunday 1st July 2018