Job DescriptionHorticulture Specialist - Technical Instructor (Essex)£18,820 - £23,599 + £683 unregistered allowance (FTE, pro rata) and and London fringe allowance £1,250 per annum pro rataBand 4 Part Time (18.75 hours/week) - Flexible on times and days
We have an exciting opportunity at our Essex site for a Specialist Horticulture Technical Instructor. This role will enable you to share your passion and love of horticulture with a range of Patients by using gardening as a therapeutic medium with which to engage them with the natural world.
We encourage independence, respect, teamwork and trust, building skills, knowledge & self-esteem in a supportive environment.Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
We’re the UK’s largest independent provider of NHS services, a unique mental health charity aspiring to deliver truly world-class care. Our focus is transforming lives through ground breaking treatment and rehabilitation, with surpluses re-invested in our outstanding facilities. You’ll find a welcoming, inclusive culture here, inspired by the shared values of our team. Everyone has their part to play in the amazing work we do – you’ll have every opportunity to get what you want from your career.Duties will include;
- Delivery of a horticultural pathway as part of a charity wide focus.
- Contributing to the support of Patients to engage in meaningful activity to meet their goals and the recording of their daily progress.
- Involvement in regular Patient reviews.
- Developing and implementing creative programmes that engage Patients in horticulture and conservation activities in a range of settings.
- Supporting Patients to develop horticulture and conservation skills.
- Supporting Patients to maintain and utilise ward gardens.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
· Sickness policy on par with the NHS
· 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
· Life cover
· Car lease scheme
· Cycle to work scheme
· Childcare vouchers
· Healthcare cash plan
· Free parking
· Paid DBS application
· Access to free vocational qualificationsClosing date: Sunday 1st October 2017