Job DescriptionHousekeeping Team Leader - Basildon, EssexSalay: From £20,000 + £1,250 Essex Fringe Allowance 37.5 hours per week Working at St Andrew’s Healthcare
St Andrew’s Healthcare Essex is a purpose built facility for male and female service users with complex mental health and learning disability issues, located in Benfleet. We can offer you outstanding career development and training, a range of benefits and the opportunity to join us at a truly exciting time in our growth and development.
Applications are welcome from well-motivated individuals, who are flexible, able to demonstrate initiative and who possess excellent communication skills. Your role with us
Here at our Essex site we are recruiting for a Housekeeping Team Leader. Your duties will include assisting the management team undertaking the following,
- To oversee the comprehensive delivery of safe and fully compliant, high quality Housekeeping service throughout an extremely challenging environment, covering 365 days a year.
- To support the Housekeeping Teams in promoting a high quality customer focussed service whilst establishing an excellent working relationship throughout the charity. To support the Domestic Teams during Annual Leave and Absences. To make regular frequent visits to all ward/public areas to promote close working relationships with other clinical staff.
- You will be required to undertake a safe food service to patients at meal times so Food Hygiene Level 2 qualification would be desirable but full training will be provided you will have high standards of cleanliness naturally and take pride in the work that you undertake. BICSc and NVQ qualifications in Cleaning and Hospitality would be desirable
Required skills and Responsibilities of the Role
- Previous experience of working in healthcare or similar environment
- Previous experience of managing a team is desirable
- Knowledge of COSHH but not essential as training will be given
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Sickness policy on par with the NHS
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 years' service
- Life cover
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to free vocational qualifications
Closing date: Sunday 31st May 2020