With the support of a team of HR Professionals, for whom you will have responsibility you will be accountable for resource and skills planning, leadership and talent management, succession planning and HR issues within the Directorate. Within this there will be specific high level Group related objectives, such as reducing sickness absence or improving professionalism, and leading developments through planning and people interventions, including performance management. In delivering these you will be responsible for ensuring consistency of practice across the Department.
- Partner with Director General for CDIO and their Senior Leadership Team to drive the people agenda to support the delivery of business performance and a great employee experience.
- Helping to understand the long term strategy for CDIO and the people interventions and impacts required to support this strategy.
- Strategic resource and skills planning. Responsible for ensuring Directors have a clear future operating model, fully utilise HR professionals expertise in the team and have a plan on how, in people terms, this will be delivered.
- Providing advice and guidance to management board/Senior Leadership Team.
- Leadership, talent management, and succession planning.
- Learning and Professionalism agendas.
- Influencing the wider people function - a corporate role as a member of the HRSLT and taking the lead in certain areas across HMRC.
- Ensuring that HR develops services that provide pro-active people interventions and is aware of and responsive to customer need.
- TUS liaison and TUPE negotiations.
- Helping to understand the longer term strategy for CDIO and the people impacts and interventions required to support this strategy.
- Supporting and challenging the CPO objectives to ensure that they support the business requirements as well as best practice HR.
- Working corporately to ensure that the expert services deliver the business requirements
As a senior leader in CPO, you will play a key role in leadership, facilitating change and enhancing the employee experience.
You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong personal and professional leadership, demonstrating the ability to build staff capability and embed professionalised HR across a large and complex business.
- Expertise in HR as a tool for culture change advocating and capturing how it grows an inclusive and engaged community within the workplace.
- Effective people leadership and the ability to build an engaged, inclusive and high performing team.
- The ability to deliver strategic outcomes whilst working at pace in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment.
- The ability to operate confidently and comfortably as a HR leader in a digital/technology environment.
- Whilst not essential, it is expected that the successful candidate will be a fully qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). Where candidates do not already hold CIPD professional membership, they will need to demonstrate a significant track record of successfully delivering at a senior level in HR roles.
- HR experience in a digital/technical organisation or business area is desirable