The right candidate will have experience of working in a dynamic HR environment, providing high-level and detailed administrative delivery and expert guidance, where required, to line managers and employees on all HR activities.
Who we are
The Premier League is home to some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. The League and its clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and partners in the UK and across the world. The Premier League brings people together from all backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in over 1 billion homes in 189 countries.
We have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include organising the competition and its Rule Book as well as managing the centralised broadcast and commercial rights. The work we do in conjunction with the Clubs also goes far beyond the 90 minutes. We support and provide a framework for youth development, we protect the organisation’s intellectual property, support the wider game and community programmes, undertake international development work and liaise with governing bodies and other leagues.
As HR Executive in the team, you will have excellent attention to detail and strong administrative skills. You will have a solid HR generalist knowledge, able to manage a wide-range of core HR administrative tasks.
You will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all core HR administrative services, including monthly payroll, staff benefits, recruitment processes and database management. You will need to be precise and detailed in your approach to your work. Your role will also require you to have excellent interpersonal skills, liaising with Premier League staff, external candidates and key suppliers on a daily basis.
It will also be necessary for you to demonstrate the highest levels of discretion, resilience and diplomacy in your work. You will be adept at dealing with sensitive matters and willing to go the extra mile to find solutions for staff. Your role will require you to partner, engage and advise staff and you will be confident in all of these areas; eager to be a team player and innovative in helping to drive forward the HR delivery of the Premier League.
Requirements for the role
- Personnel administration to include:
- Providing support on monthly payroll
- Maintaining and delivering joiners/leavers/probationary documentation
- Managing holiday and sickness records
- Maintenance of integrated payroll and HR staff database
- Managing benefit administration and employee wellbeing programmes (pension, gym, Cycle scheme etc)
- Annual salary review paperwork
- Producing monthly management reports
- Ad-hoc personnel administration, as required
- Recruitment and selection – managing the advertisement process for roles; handling all job applications; assisting departments with shortlisting; interview planning; conducting interviews where required; contract preparation; eligibility, safeguarding and reference checks; candidate feedback
- Administration of service agreements with departments and the Legal team, as and when required
- Induction training - delivery of all inductions for new starters
- Training and development:
- Administration of company-wide training programme – liaison with training providers, line managers and staff, supporting the evaluation of learning needs and outcomes
- Working with the Head of HR on evolving the Premier League’s learning and development programme and staff personal development plans
- Researching new providers, producing summary documents, organising training sessions, liaising with legal to produce NDA’s for new providers
- Administration of annual appraisal process
- Disciplinary and grievances – providing support where required
- Health and Safety in the workplace
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation. Assisting in the delivery of equality and diversity training across the business.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law
- Maintaining the Premier League Staff Handbook and ensuring it is updated in line with the new Premier League brand
- Maintaining the Premier League HR email account, responding to all enquiries
Requirements for the role
- Graduate CIPD / other similar qualification, or relevant HR field work experience
- Experience of working in a similar role in a dynamic working environment
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and exercise discretion
- Sound knowledge of HR legislation and best practice
- Experience working on employee engagement and relations matters
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and first class administrative competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – there will be regular contact with both staff across the business and key external HR partners
- Organisational skills that enable the individual to prioritise a varied work load
- Excellent attention to detail
- Resilient and calm manner, tactful and diplomatic
- Partnering, influencing and engaging skills
- A desire to develop and provide creative thinking to the HR strategy
- A collaborative approach to the role and a key team player
Nice-to-haves for the role
- A knowledge of / interest in football / sport
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.
To apply please email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter. The closing date for applications is Monday 25 February 2019.