HR Generalist and Talent Executive
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Human Resources and Talent Advisor will be responsible to assist HR Manager on manpower planning, recruitment, selection, placement, orientation, performance management, career planning, succession planning, formulation of policies and strategies. He/ She will be responsible for all Employee data and information services ensuring that all records are accurate and up to date. The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of labour law and be confident to manage employees’ queries in accordance with their employment contract.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Managing End to End recruitment process and liaison with internal recruitment team for sourcing support
- Source for potential candidates, perform interviews and make recommendations to Hiring Managers
- Maintain and ensure compliance of all recruitment administration policies and procedures i.e. Taleo, Kariyarnet, LinkedIn
- Supporting the HR Manager in the development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures based on relevant legislation and contemporary HR management practices which provide an effective, consistent and timely delivery of HR services to support organizational needs.
- Control Employee data in various systems across the region and provide monthly reports for all HR activities in the region.
- Coordinate best practices initiatives such as people survey, share plans, training plans, salary benchmarking exercises, talent etc.
- Maintain employee benefit administration like Health insurance - additions, leavers to policy. Liaison with Finance and vendor for invoices
- Ensures organization of online HR files to comply with company procedures.
- Manage and deliver New joinee Induction - Prepare a welcome pack, send information to all relevant parties before the starting date, Run DAY 1 Induction
- Assist in the monitoring of Performance Review compliance by guiding managers in completing reviews within respective timeframes, enter completed reviews into HR system
- Employee Relations – Work with HR Manager to resolve complex ER issues; educate and coach managers regarding relevant employment laws and Pearson policies
- Create and update organizational charts and define each position’s responsibilities
- Plan, organize Fun @ work sessions – Birthday celebrations, Women’s Day etc.
- Plan, organize tea & learn sessions
HR Dashboard and Statistics
The HR Generalist expert will be responsible for keeping and reporting on accurate electronic metrics relating to Employment, Service, Pay, Sick Leave, Vacation, Salary Letters, Certificates and any associated areas of responsibility.
Payroll & Reward
- Working with the finance team on payroll administration ensuring that accurate data is provided in order to process payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
- Working with the HRBP and/or HR lead in-region on the execution of any other reward mechanisms or schemes.
Talent & Development (Middle East Hub)
- Working with theL&D and HR Manageron gathering of learning and talent needs on an individual, team and on business level
- Working with the talent & learning centres of excellence on the coordination of activities within the Middle East hub
- Coordinating local, regional and global learning initiatives for teams
- Acting as a learning partner with managers and leaders to ensure embedding of Pearson U as a day-to-day tool and way of working across the hub
- Work with L&D and HR Manager in the design and management of any required local learning programs not fulfilled by the centres of excellence
- 3 years’ experience within a HR Administration Generalist Role
- Excellent organizational, administration and interpersonal skills
- Fluent English & Turkish speaker
- Attention to detail
- Broad understanding of HR and pay regulations in Turkey
- A flexible approach to work, professionalism and enthusiasm to succeed in the field of HR management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced MS Office Suit Desirable
- Already based in Istanbul
- Degree Educated
- Preferred MBA - HR Qualification
Primary Location: TR-34-Istanbul
Work Locations: TR-Besiktas-Istanbul-Gayrettepe M Barbaros Bulvari No.149Dr. Orham Birman Is Merkezi Kat :3 Istanbul 34349
Job: Human Resources
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: May 13, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1807153
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled