The Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental Advisor is responsible for the safety of all Whiting Clean Energy Employees and running the site in an environmentally conscious manner. As the HSSE Advisor, you will lead the planning and administration of activities directed at ensuring the health, safety & security of employees and compliance with applicable federal, state, local and corporate health, safety and environmental regulations and requirements. You will work closely with the Clean Energy team to and the Whiting Refinery HSSE team to ensure that best in class HSSE programs and processes are in place.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance (updating), and controls of HSSE policies, procedures and processes, completion of compliance tasks and HSSE inspection programs, and reporting of site HSSE metrics
- Responsible for the Control of Work program, acting as the Control of Work Authority, including but not limited to: Lockout Tagout Program. Confined Space Permits, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Level 2 Risk Assessments
- Responsible for the site PSM (Process Safety Management) program and contractor safety
- Responsible for reporting all incidents in Traction and completing all site Incident Investigations, including near misses
- Responsible for ensuring all site HSSE training, either through face-to-face training and or CBT
- Act as Site SPA (Single Point of Accountability) and Refinery interface for the Crisis & Continuity Management Program, including but not to: Site Emergency Response Plan, Site Security Plan, and Site Evacuation
- Interface with the Refinery team for all site environmental compliance programs (Waste, Air, and Water)
- Site Security SPA and interface with the Refinery Security team. Interface with Medical Team
- Responsible for, and acting as the site SPA, for the site OMS (Operating Management System) program.
- A High School degree with 8 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of relevant experience is required.
- 5 years of experience in HSSE, operations, or maintenance in a manufacturing environment is required
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience developing and presenting training
- Ability to work well with and lead others in a team environment