This role will focus on developing implementation resources and supporting customers during post-sale adoption of Pearson products and services. They will be the implementation expert and will seek to apply Pearson’s Efficacy Framework in a very practical sense. They will begin by consulting with the customer on needs and objectives with an eye on creating an implementation pathway that includes professional learning opportunities (eg: print materials, workshops, webinars, online courses etc…) designed to ensure that the customer achieves their intended outcomes. The Implementation Specialist will deliver level 1: foundational PD and will recruit, manage and deploy a team of Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to deliver level 2: transitional PD and level 3: transformative PD. Finally, this role will monitor the implementation plan and make further recommendations to ensure its long-term success.
- Work directly with Publishers, Subject Matter Experts, and Editors to develop and deliver on-site and remote based presentations, workshops, webinars, online courses and other implementation resources as required for a successful implementation.
- Consult with key school/district stakeholders to uncover needs and objectives with an eye on creating and delivering an implementation pathway that ensures that the customer achieves their intended outcomes.
- Recruit, manage, train, deploy and evaluate a team of contract/per diem Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to deliver level 2: transitional PD and level 3: transformative PD in support of Pearson resources.
- Assist in field based user research, testing and validation of professional learning resources.
- Assist Sales Representatives at Professional Learning events and trade shows. Setup Professional Learning product displays and run product sessions.
- Be a qualified teacher, certified by a recognized post secondary institution, with a minimum of 5 years of classroom teaching experience at the K-12 level (or equivalent).
- Possess sound knowledge of mathematics curriculum, education issues and pedagogic principles at the national, regional and/or local level.
- Demonstrate significant experience designing and facilitating onsite/remote training & professional development programs for math educators of varying levels of ability.
- Demonstrate experience consulting on national, regional and/or local implementations of new print and/or digital mathematics resources.
- Demonstrate some commercial awareness and business skills (eg: prospecting, account management, budgeting, strategic planning, marketing etc…).
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and/or collaboratively on multiple projects with variable timelines.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and be able to adapt these skills to audiences of varying size.
- Be able to communicate fluently (oral and written) in English. French would be an asset.
Pearson Canada is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Primary Location: CA-ON-North York
Work Locations: CA-Don Mills-26 Prince Andrew 26 Prince Andrew Place Don Mills North York M3C 2H4
Job: Professional Development
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 22, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809409
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled