This is an exciting opportunity to work with a range of operational teams that manage flood risk across East Anglia. In this role you will coordinate incident response management and emergency planning activities across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire.
You will provide technical and specialist advice to enable us to deliver a professional incident management service. You will coordinate activity to ensure that our planning and preparation is in place for effective incident response, including:
• Supporting the teams in developing operational incident response procedures and documents;
• Ensuring business continuity management is in place;
• Developing and helping to deliver a programme of incident response training and exercising;
• Testing those procedures and the equipment we use;
• Making sure that we have resilient rosters with capable people to deliver our key duty roles; and
• Attending and running various internal working groups responsible for incident management and planning.
You will also develop relationships and cooperative partnerships with external partners such as the Fire and Rescue Service, the IDBs and local authorities who work with is during a flood or environmental incident.
For more info on working with us see https://environmentagencycareers.co.uk/
You'll work with all team leaders and members within the FCRM and Operations departments across Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire. Coordinating effort across the operational teams to ensure that everyone is trained and competent to carry out their duty role. By working with Specialist Team Members, team leaders and other Incident Response Coordinators; develop and deliver an annual programme of training and exercising to ensure that we can operate our assets effectively and efficiently during an incident.
This role will require strong leadership and influencing skills to be able to set the right leadership tone for incident management in the department. You will need to use your leadership skills to support our teams, who have the difficult task of juggling many conflicting priorities, to deliver a first-class incident management service alongside their other workloads.
You will also need to:
• Have experience of flood risk management, emergency planning and incident response;
• Be an excellent communicator;
• Be able to plan, design and deliver training; and
• Have knowledge of health, safety and welfare of field-based teams an activities associated with incident response and exercise scenarios. You will also work alongside other Area and National colleagues to deliver National priorities like the MIR (Major Incident Ready) project and SCRR (Supporting Communities that Remain at Risk).
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Contact and additional information
In East Anglia we want to create a diverse workplace where people’s views are respected, valued and listened to. We’re all different, and by embracing Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) we can become an equal opportunity employer where we grow and learn together.
It is our ambition to champion diversity through building a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
The Environment Agency take part in incident response. You’ll be encouraged to get involved and support depending on your role and circumstances. Full training will be provided
Eligibility for lease cars is made based on the role. Internal candidates ensure you check the new lease car policy and consider its impact prior to applying.
If you have questions please contact Alan Daniels via: firstname.lastname@example.org