Industry Relations & Partnerships Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The Industry Relations & Partnerships Manager plays a pivotal role in positioning Pearson as an organisation powered by industry and in so doing, driving the growth of BTEC L2/L3, HNs and LCCI qualifications and services, both within the UK and internationally.
Possessing excellent communication skills, you will develop and manage highly visible relationships and partnerships with key global employers, professional bodies and industry groups; providing thought leadership on industry trends and seeking recognition of our qualifications to support learners’ progression into employment. Your understanding of employer needs and passion for addressing skills gaps within industry, will enable you to drive commercial partnerships with key employers and industry bodies; presenting Pearson solutions to fill those gaps and driving revenue growth for Pearson qualifications and services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with energy, gravitas and vision who is looking to make a difference and be a key part of Pearson’s employability agenda. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Key role-specific responsibilities:
- Build and manage relationships with market-leading global employers, professional bodies and industry groups; seeking recognition to support learners’ progression into employment and ensuring high visibility of Pearson’s industry engagement activities.
- Position Pearson as a thought leader in specific sectors and establish strong links with employers in key growth markets in order to strengthen our brands.
- Identify and drive commercial partnerships with key employers/groups in focus sectors, by developing an understanding of their needs and pitching appropriate solutions to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Develop, drive and negotiate agreements of partnerships with Professional Bodies to facilitate exemptions of Pearson qualifications and develop commercial models for mutually beneficial collaborations to drive growth.
- Participate in industry panels and events, driving thought leadership and raising the profile of Pearson qualifications.
- Source employers to input into international qualification development, making sure that our offer meets the needs of the global job market.
- Manage and define the industry relations and partnerships’ operational plan and budget, ensuring that activities provide value for money and are in line with Pearson’s strategy.
- Use industry knowledge to feed in to industry engagement operational plan and inform the strategic plan.
- Ensure industry engagement activities and partnerships are highly visible and of high impact.
Desirable Previous Experience / Knowledge
- Experience in building partnerships and driving forward joint ventures
- Employer stakeholder management and/or managing client relationships
- Sales or Business Development experience
- Engaging and confident individual with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Extensive previous customer facing experience
- Forward-thinking, pragmatic and commercial approach to work
- Passion for identifying skills gaps and driving forward the employability agenda Understands and anticipates customer needs to achieve outcomes which benefit both internal and external customers
- Ability to present complex issues in an easily understood fashion to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Commercial awareness and skills, including budget management
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a matrix structure
- Experience of pitching propositions to external stakeholders
- Experience of working within an educational context, preferably within vocational education
- Experience in developing and delivering successful long term strategies for products and/ or services
- Experience of working within an international environment
- Track record in leading and managing innovative market winning propositions Knowledge of vocational education and current market and policy drivers
Personal style and behaviours
- An excellent team worker with exceptional communication skills, must have the ability to find solutions to problems and flag issues at the appropriate level. Ability to be flexible in working hours to engage with our international stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel internationally to support the Progression and Recognition strategy.
- Ability to improve the service offering for our learners by continuously requesting feedback from our stakeholders.
- The desire to work on multiple projects in a face paced changing environment.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Job: Product Management
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Jun 21, 2018
Job Unposting: Jul 19, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1809261
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled