It is a very exciting time to join us as we continue on a major digital transformation programme. Our existing software systems form part of the critical national infrastructure, safeguarding land and property ownership valued at £7 trillion, enabling over £1 trillion worth of personal and commercial lending to be secured against property across England and Wales. You will join our award-winning Digital, Data and Technology Directorate which is the in-house IT division at the heart of the move to a digital, data-driven organisation with the ambition to provide our customers with cutting-edge digital services.
We are now looking for an Infrastructure Engineer: WebOps to join our Digital, Data and Technology team to help us to achieve this.
As an Infrastructure Engineer (WebOps), you play a key role in installing, maintaining and supporting key infrastructure components that support HM Land Registry's internal and external business services. You will be working with our IT software development teams to support the delivery of new digital service solutions and their on-going maintenance and will consider the end to end service across the whole application stack and at all points during the service lifecycle.
In addition, you will build appropriate infrastructure tooling and platforms, encouraging the standardisation of tools and processes in order to ensure efficiencies.
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
· knowledge and experience of a Linux operating system, with experience of using scripting;
· practical knowledge and experience of working with web technologies (e.g LAMP stack or similar);
· basic understanding and experience of IT infrastructure (networking, databases, security);
· basic software development experience (Java/PHP/ Python/Ruby) and demonstration of developing software;
· knowledge and experience of version control systems (eg git/subversion).