Inside Sales Account Consultant
At Pearson, the Global Leader in Education Services, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking for energetic, proactive and consultative sales professionals who have a passion for education *.*
You will be part of the high performing, internal account management team maximising opportunities to ensure schools have a positive experience when using our digital services and building a strong and trusting relationship with us.
We work with key decision-makers, including headteachers, subject leaders/coordinators to help them get the best out of our services, and to keep them enthusiastically using those services year after year. We want to understand their challenges and articulate the ongoing value of our products and services supporting them to raise children’s attainment.
A day in the life of a Pearson Digital Account Consultant
● Planning your strategy for targeting schools - working with data provided and CRM to identify opportunities to ensure we retain a loyal customer base;
● Managing your time effectively to keep in close touch with your schools;
● Contacting key decision makers, discussing needs, proposing solutions and quotationsmaximising the customers’ use of our products so they renew each year;
● Proactively identifying opportunities to increase the impact of Pearson’s services, from a combination of outbound and inbound calls;
● Confidently using technology – to deliver remote meetings through desktop sharing;
● Continually updating your knowledge of curriculum and our products and services to ensure you present the best proposition for the customer.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Who are we looking for?
You don’t need to have any prior experience in Education, although we do like to hire people who have a genuine interest in this sector. We provide comprehensive training, including shadowing experienced colleagues. We do require you to have experience of working successfully in a sales/target driven environment.
This could include telesales, retail sales or any role where you are working towards sales targets. You will also have excellent organisational skills and the ability to assimilate and deliver new information to a range of key decisions makers.
Last but not least you need to have a positive and determined attitude to work. So if you have a passion for connecting with people, influencing others and are driven to supporting schools in achieving the best for their pupils, then we would love to meet you to discuss the role further.
Benefits of the role
● A job that fits around School term-time (195 days annually);
● Bi-annual Sales bonus;
● Ongoing Training and development with an online Sales Academy;
● Competitive pension scheme;
● Red letter day points (linked to sales revenue) to spend on life’s luxuries;
● Private Medical Insurance;
● Employee discounts.
This is an office-based role at our modern buildings in the north of Oxford – easily accessible by public transport, and with free parking.
Start Date : ASAP#LI-HR1
Primary Location: GB-GB-Oxford
Work Locations: GB-Oxford-Jordan Hill Halley Court Jordan Hill Oxford OX2 8EJ
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 22, 2018
Job Unposting: Dec 22, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1811003
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.