Inside Sales Consultant
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Reporting to the Sales Support Manager, the purpose of this role is to plan and successfully execute a Sales Plan utilising a full range of Inside Sales techniques (telephone, teleconference, email, direct mail) to generate sales of Pearson solutions for assigned Higher Education modules within target Higher Education institutions. The Inside Sales Consultant will also be responsible for executing lead nurturing campaigns in-order to progress sales and marketing generated prospects to qualification as sales opportunities. The primary customer is the module leader within Higher Education institutions.
Key Result Area
- Define and execute an Inside sales plan for allocated Institutions, schools, or modules. Execute the plan, managing opportunities through all sales stages to maximise sales of Pearson digital and print products and to ensure delivery against the targeted new revenue goal.
- Plan and execute an Inside Sales Plan (working in close collaboration with Field Sales) for target customers. Enhancing the effectiveness of sampling, drive adoption and meet adoption targets.
- Identify and prioritise target modules in target accounts.
- Sell Pearson products directly to module leaders.
- Maintain and acquire new adoptions at module level.
- Engage with academic staff to understand learning objectives of modules and programmes.
- Deliver accurate and timely sales proposals at module level.
- Lead effective negotiations at module level.
- Accelerate the transition from indirect sales (to students via bookshops/ online retailers) to direct (within modules, as part of an overall strategy for the institution).
- Accelerate the transition from print products to digital services.
- Accountable for timely delivery of digital products to modules.
- Accountable for adequate stock in bookshops (and timely delivery).
- Target competitor and substitute Pearson products.
- Apply appropriate sales tools within the sales process to increase effectiveness.
- Analyse pipeline information and other sales intelligence in order to prioritise Inside Sales activities.
Retention & upsell
- Collaborate with Field Sales, Customer Experience and Marketing team to support retention and upsell campaigns as and when required.
- Retain, protect and strengthen existing adoptions of Pearson products on specified Higher Education modules.
- Drive usage of Pearson products within modules, maximize digital registrations, minimises print returns.
- Maximise sale through by ensuring close alignment to lecturer and course needs, demonstrating value of solution to students supporting on and delivering FDOCs.
- Keep up to date and well informed on new title publications and product development.
- Review and process orders via customer services efficiently and accurately.
- Execute effective lead nurturing campaigns to progress field sales and marketing generated prospects to qualification as sales opportunities.
- Ensure service level agreements for contacting new prospects and target conversion rates are met.
- Have an outstanding knowledge of Pearson print and digital products
- key book titles and their accompanying Labs
- other key digital products (course-level Labs, simulations, etc)
- our digital platforms
- our supporting or supplementary services
- Maintain product knowledge and keep up to date current with
technological enhancements to our platforms.
- Be able to question, match and demonstrate these product solutions
via web-ex with impact.
Sales planning and record keeping
- Maintain Salesforce (CRM) with due rigour and discipline to ensure lecturer details in assigned departments are accurate and up to date at all times
- Research and prospect new potential adopters in relevant departments
- Create and maintain territory plans that build on the general account strategy.
- Maintain accurate and current details of your calls and opportunities in CRM.
- Use CRM to inform sales planning, territory prioritisation and forecasting.
- Provide regular sales reports as required by the Inside Sales Manager and Heads of Field Sales.
Cross functional collaboration
- Work effectively with Field sales team, Learning Solutions Associates and Marketing to ensure effective and integrated account planning and management.
- Work effectively with the Customer Experience team to:
- establish learning outcomes early in the sales process
- build training as part of our solution
- implement ongoing training programmes with selected clients
- triage customer queries
- Work effectively with Marketing to support lead generation and lead nurturing campaigns.
- Work effectively with other business functions to deliver solutions:
Operations, Customer Services, Product Managers, Finance, Senior Management.
- Feedback to key stakeholders on competitive landscape and customer response to Pearson resources
Personal and interpersonal skills
- Take personal ownership for proper conduct, activity levels, achieve agreed daily and weekly call rates
- Conduct effective phone and web-ex meetings
- Conduct effective face to face meetings as and when required
- Follow up with all prospects assigned in-line with service level agreements
- Submit activity reports in agreed format and to agreed deadlines
- Adhere to Pearson values and policies.
- Demonstrate, share and inform best practice.
- Demonstrate high level of self-awareness.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills internally and externally.
- Take ownership for learning development
The role will focus on embedding print and digital products into target modules, within target institutions:
- According to account strategy, engage with lecturers and module leaders
- Understand instructor and learner challenges in the module and programme
- Embed print and digital products into modules according to account strategy
- Accountable for the effective delivery of products to learners whether digital or print, direct to institution or via bookshop.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Proven experience in business to business sales
- Experience and track record of achieving results in an Inside sales role
- Confident, strong command of Inside Sales techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in building and executing sales plans
- Ideal: experience in education sector
- Ideal: experience in selling digital products, solutions and services
- Target and performance driven
- Highly motivated, energetic and resilient
- Strong selling and negotiation skills
- Customer Focused
- Exceptional listening skills
- Excellent time management
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written communications skills, to include powerful email communication & proposal writing
- Demonstrate collaborative attitude and behaviour consistent with team and organisational values
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and skills. Comfortable with digital and print media.
- Office based but willingness to travel as required.
Primary Location: GB-GB-Harlow
Work Locations: GB-Harlow-Kao Park Kao Park London Rd Harlow CM17 9NA
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Apr 12, 2019
Job Unposting: Apr 26, 2019
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1905078
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.