Inside Sales Representative
Job Position: Inside Sales Representative
Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting to: Regional Development Manager
Pearson is a global education company that helps people around the world to make progress in their lives through learning. With a rich heritage that combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and digital services, we help people to learn whatever, wherever and however they choose. We are now transforming Pearson to accelerate our activity in digital learning, education services and emerging markets. This will enable us to make a lasting impact in helping to solve some of the most important challenges in global education.
TheInside Sales Representativewill work closely with the Regional Director for International Schools, the Regional Development Managers (RDMs) and other key stakeholders in the business unit.
To provide full sales support to the sales team, partners and designated accounts in order to maximise sales of Pearson qualifications throughout the region.
- Work with each RDM to create an annual plan for the management of designated inside sales accounts to maximise revenue and achieve growth targets.
- Work with RDMs to support all departmental sales activities for the achievement of budgeted territorial sales targets for the entire portfolio.
- Follow up and effective distribution of website queries.
- Generate reports on entries/registrations, revenue and other finance matters.
- Manage the submission and successful processing of Centre Approvals.
- Ensure effective communication across all Pearson sites between Management, Sales, Marketing, Qualifications Development, Publishing and the Customer Service teams.
- Ensure ISBNs, packs, prices and product structures for the relevant campaigns are accurate and maintained as guided by the relevant Marketing Managers.
- Prepare and support the activities of the Europe sales and marketing teams, including the coordination of relevant conferences and exhibitions.
- Support the sales process and act as liaison to customer services providing support on quotes and orders.
- Provide cover and back up when sales team members are on annual leave or otherwise absent.
- Highly organised
- Interpersonal Skills and flexibility
- Effective Written and Communication Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Sales skills
- Experience of a CRM-type database system, such as Salesforce
- Ability to use a variety of systems and equipment, such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work with minimal supervision
Education, Qualifications & Training
- Educated to GCSE/O’level/Standard Grade
- Foreign languages – Written and spoken fluency/competency in Spanish, French, German or Italian would be very helpful to the jobholder.
- Familiarity with our BTEC, LCCI and Edexcel qualifications and services.
- First class Customer Service skills.
- Experience of supporting a field based sales team
- Experience of supporting an international sales team
- Knowledge of our internal systems, website and procedures.
- Experience of the SAP accounting system and/or Oracle operating systems
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-190 High Holborn 190 High Holborn London WC1V 7BH
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Oct 4, 2018
Job Unposting: Oct 24, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1813467
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.