Insights Research Consultant
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
School Division is currently recruiting for a Research Consultant for a one year contract role.
- Develop research plans and identify appropriate research techniques to obtain customer insights needed for various projects. Typology of research initiatives may include:
- Generating detailed customer/user journeys
- Developing a deep understanding of customer/user behavior, drivers of behaviour, and needs for a variety of stakeholders
- Developing stakeholder/user personas
- Testing of product concepts
- Testing of product prototypes
- Other initiatives, as required
- Lead execution of research plans. This may involve:
- Development and deployment of surveys
- Development of in-depth interview guides
- Development of focus group guides
- Development of ethnographic observation guides
- Development of other research instruments
- Conduct interviews with a variety of stakeholders
- Conduct ethnographic observations
- Possibly conduct focus groups
- Possibly managing research vendors
- Lead analysis and reporting of research findings, culminating in well-articulated research reports that include actionable insights and recommendations
- Present research findings to various cross-functional stakeholders
- Consolidate and update research findings across projects, adding to insights as new layers of research are conducted
- Maintain an organized database of research initiatives conducted with links to the summary reports
- Contribute to cross-functional team discussions related to the development of new math resources
- Support other Math research initiatives as needed
- Help to establish a standard process for customer/user research.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experienced market research professional with hands-on experience in both qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Minimum of 7 yrs. of experience, ideally with experience in research leading to new product development.
- Highly independent and able to spearhead research efforts from start to finish
- Passionate about customer insights
- Willing to “roll up” his/her sleeves and be involved in all aspects of research from research design, to research execution, analysis, identification of insights, development of research summary reports, and presentation of findings.
- Strong presentation skills: skilled at communicating learnings and recommendations to various stakeholders, from different departmental functions.
- Comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Experience in the education and/or technology sector a plus; or experience in complex industries with a variety of stakeholders
- Exposure to stages & gates and agile product development a plus
Pearson Canada is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Primary Location: CA-ON-North York
Work Locations: CA-Don Mills-26 Prince Andrew 26 Prince Andrew Place Don Mills North York M3C 2H4
Organization: North America
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Dec 1, 2017
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Temporary
Req ID: 1719156