The BP Cherry Point is currently seeking an Instrumentation Engineer (IE) to serve as a member of the Cherry Point Reliability Team that supports the delivery of cost-effective, safe, environmentally sound, and reliable unit operations.
In this role you will utilize leading edge technologies in the monitoring, evaluation, maintenance, repair, selection, and upgrading of instrumentation and instrument standards to maximize unit availability and performance. The IE will work with other engineering, maintenance, and operations personnel, as well as industry experts, in both project and day-to-day support roles.
The Instrument Engineers function in a variety of roles within the Cherry Point Business Unit and within the Engineering Team including: Technical Support, Trouble-Shooting, Instrument Design, Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Project Engineering, and Special Projects. In this role you will be subject to emergency call out as well as Turnaround work schedules.
- -Provides technical support for maintenance activities to unit operations and the instrument shop
- Assists in the planning and execution of turnaround instrumentation activities
- Provides technical review for capital projects
- Identifying and managing instrumentation reliability improvement opportunities
- Work within multi-discipline team to identify reliability improvement opportunities
- Identify and support the development, execution, and implementation of projects in support of the Site and Business Unit strategic objectivesAssists in upkeep of site technical standards
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or other Technical Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 5 plus years in Instrument Engineering or related experience in a chemical plant, refinery or equivalent environment.
- Experience supporting maintenance, reliability, process or project engineering is essential.
- Engineering skills in troubleshooting/specifying instrument and electrical equipment, and DCS, PLC and/or SIS equipment, associated with process equipment i.e. pumps, heat exchangers, vessels, compressors, piping.Must have strong computer, Logic, PLC programming skills