The Integrity Superintendent is accountable for the execution of the Whiting Refinery integrity program including compliance with Government regulations and BP requirements. This includes, leading the area integrity team by providing board functional expertise and knowledge to build capability across the site in proactively identifying risks, assuring compliance, and helping develop and execute the integrity plan. The Integrity Superintendent plays a key role in imbedding industry best practices across the site through active participation in internal and external networks. The role will help establish an integrity culture with the ability to influence across all levels. This role will be a regular delegate for the Integrity Manager.
- Develops and sets the strategic direction for 1+ years out for the area integrity program.
- Helps create and implement a sustainable and optimized refinery integrity program which balances reliability, integrity and cost; including site strategy and point person for turnarounds and integrity/maintenance site-wide programs.
- Leads a team of highly specalised integrity professionals; responsible for the development and competency of staff including appropriate certifications.
- Continously leading the shift from inspection to integrity focused.
- Develops and manages the local relationship of the inspection contractors.
- Influences across all levels of the refinery including interaction with refinery leadership; provides strategic vision and direction to leadership on area integrity performance including helping develop and deliver the refinery position on integrity management.
- Advanced knowledge on integrity and inspection discipline including expterise in fixed equipment inspection, asset integrity, inspection technologies, inspection turnaround support.
- Accountable for holding an independent view of integrity related risk. Responsibility to escalate and address risk to leadership.
- Accountable for developing and delivering recommendations to leadership on plans for risk mitigation. Accountable for the implementation of the applicable plan for risk mitigation.
- Champions integrity both inside and outside of the site with partnership across BP to share best practices with other sites.
- Builds relationships and develops a partnership with operations, maintenance, and projects to engage in integrity initaitives.
- Supports the development and owns the implementation of all integrity related procedures.
- Leads safety for all area inspection activities.
- Responsible to plan and direct exection of all inspection related activies.
- Develops and manages response to short and long term technical issues by providing strategic resolution to problems.
- Leads the site response to inspection related incidents and emerging issues.
- Accountable for deploying the documentation system, Meridium, and verifying usage.
- Accountable to capture and share learnings for inspection discipline.
- Actively manages area integrity performance through Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and conducts self-verification accordingly.
- Accountable for the development and execution of the area integrity budget for the refinery (e.g., annual spending and resourcing priorities).
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical discipline is required
Prefer Master's degree
API 510/570 certification
National Board certified
- 10 years of experience in manufacturing; prefer experience in a refinery or chemical plant setting
- 3 or more years of leadership experience with a proven track record of developing, leading, implementing, and sustaining an integrity program.
- Proficient knowledge regarding API 571, Damange Mechanisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in industry
- Ability to influence and lead in integrity management
- Ability to develop, implement, and sustain in integrity policy, procedure, standards, and practice
- Strong knowledge and expertise in integrity/inspection management
- Demonstrated project/program and risk management.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to influence internal/external key stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and transformation capability with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization.