As the Deputy Director – Interoperability Delivery Manager, you will be a member of the Platforms and Services Directorate senior leadership team and lead the GBS Interoperability Team in the development of their priorities, engaging a wide range of stakeholders across government around shared goals to deliver tangible benefits. Essential to success in this role is the ability to drive forward projects, manage change, collaborate effectively, build great relationships and work with very broad and complex organisational and cross-governmental structures.
The role requires outstanding leadership skills and the successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and negotiating ability, be able to lead teams, and have excellent experience in translating ideas into realistic, good quality plans as well as experience in change management. You will need credibility and resilience to engage with and influence those at the most senior levels, along with a very wide range of stakeholders, and be comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Senior Stakeholder Engagement - operating as an ambassador for interoperability with Ministers, Permanent Secretaries, DGs, Chief Operating Officers and other specialist functional stakeholders;
- Define future vision and opportunities - challenge functions to identify opportunities to become more interoperable;
- Project Management – Develop plans and an effective change management process to drive delivery of innovative solutions across GBS;
- Communication and Engagement - champion and socialise interoperability across Government through media channels, networks and other impactful routes;
- Present updates and proposals to key governance channels to maintain momentum and enable robust decision making;
- Enabling good governance through ensuring that commitments are met with compliant, good quality and appropriate submissions to boards including the reporting of KPIs;
- Monitor the financial status of all workstreams, ensuring any narrative reflects the range of cross functional activities, the value they add and can be presented in a cohesive way to senior stakeholders;
- Build, motivate and lead a diverse team of cross-government change professionals so that they remain engaged and feel valued;
- Strategy and Policy Development - A keen intellect to analyse complex problems and support and facilitate the development of partnerships that can develop and deliver shared solutions to address them successfully;
- Deliver appropriate speaking and media opportunities.
- Senior professional background in at least one of the functional areas of interoperability - data, estates, HR, IT - and sound knowledge of the remaining areas
- Experience in IT architecture
- A successful track record of developing realistic plans and driving forward projects, with a strong ability at problem solving.
- Inspiring leadership, with the ability to build teams and provide direction in a fast paced environment, harnessing the talents of people and creating an inclusive, ambitious, outward-facing and professional work environment;
- Excellent communications skills both orally and in writing;
- Aptitude for seeing and translating the bigger picture. Understanding the political and external context in order to set clear, positive direction.
- Good analytical skills. You will be able to spot connections across different workstreams and ensure they are joined up, to ensure our portfolio of interventions is aligned.
- Excellent engagement and influencing skills.