Overview of Citi:
Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
- Associates work closely with a franchise group to contribute to managing client relationships and executing transaction by:
- Working on relationships within various institutions, assisting three Senior Bankers in business origination across Citi’s product set
- Maintaining the strength of the client franchise by assisting on the maintenance of diverse and important relationships
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the business and the major clients with the aim of identifying appropriate marketing opportunities.• Developing strong relationships internally with key product partners.
- The role of the Corporate and Investment Banker is to provide financial advisory services on a wide range of strategic transactions (including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and re-structuring) and capital-raising projects and debt financing projects, for corporate clients, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our bankers work closely with our other business units to ensure client access to the full range of protsm and expertise within the organisation.
- Our bankers are the Relationship Manager Financiers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi's vast global produducct platform and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact through which our clients utilize our extensive capabilities around the world. Through these efforts, our bankers address our
- Working with group MDs and Directors on managing relationships with clients and client liaison client's most complex global banking needs, helping the
- Working with group to execute transactions and share into responsibility to run deal timetable day-to-day
- Responsibility for managing production of analytics and presentation materials
- Responsibility for co-ordination of working parties upwards and downwards, across teams and external parties (e.g. client, lawyers, consultants)
- Provide support in origination and execution of Corporate Finance Transactions.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the developments in the core product set to explore and refer opportunities.
- Source and create marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Senior Bankers.
- Maintain regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance.
- Assist in managing the Corporate Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Produce and update client plans in conjunction with product partners.
- Monitor calling plans to ensure business development is pursued across the client base and that deals are replicated.
- Collaborate with Global Portfolio Management to manage the portfolio and individual client risk.
- Interact with Citi’s network around the globe to ensure activities are co-ordinated across the franchise
- Mentor analysts, provide detailed guidance and feedback, manage information flow to and from analyst, share credit and exposure with analyst as appropriate
- Exposure to Senior Management and Senior Bankers
- Opportunity to develop world class broad based banking and client relationship skills
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
- Substantial work experience within a financial services organisation
- Experience of analysing financial data and financial modelling
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a broad spectrum of products and how they meet client needs.
- Experience with various clients, capital markets products, derivatives, credit, cash management, trade, finance and securities
- Credit trained within a leading Corporate/Investment Banking organisation; used to taking a lead role in establishing the creditworthiness of counterparties
- Experienced at client planning and coordinating input from multiple product areas.
- Experience of transactions and understanding of the execution process
- Knowledge of (Energy Sector) would be advantageous
- Knowledge of accounting, legal and compliance principles and procedures relating to the role
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work efficiently within a team environments and as an individual contributor
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) at all organisational levels - Ability to present information in a clear, creative and persuasive manner
- Ability to efficiently plan and organise own workload within tight deadlines
- Second European language would be advantageous
- Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organizational – Managing demands from several sources and working to deadlines
- Proactivity - Identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client
- Attention to detail and assuming responsibility over time for client contact.
• Educated to degree level with a minimum grade 2:1 (or equivalent experience)
• MBA qualification or advanced degree would be highly advantageous (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the client group, balancing client requirements and Citi’s priorities.
- Self Starter - Prepared to take the initiative to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance.
- Networking - Maintaining close contact with product and risk specialists within Citi.
- Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects.
- Planning and Organisation
- Influencing and Persuasiveness
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer