Job Title: IT Support Services Manager
Location: Glasgow (regular travel to Edinburgh will be required)
Salary: £49,666 - £58,081 per annum + £4,000 IT allowance (per anum) + COPFS benefits package. Successful candidates will be expected to start at the beginning of the salary scale
Role Specific Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
Information Services Division (ISD) delivers and supports an enterprise portfolio of efficient, resilient, innovative and secure Digital services to deliver COPFS’ business needs. ISD is playing a crucial role in implementing COPFS’ Digital Strategy by developing sustainable digital and information solutions that modernise, innovate and transform the delivery of user focused services and to improve the way our organisation works. ISD is also leading a number of COPFS and sector-wide digital improvement and innovation projects to transform the delivery of services to users of the Scottish Justice System.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT Operations, this IT Support Services Manager role has key accountability responsibilities for the operational delivery of COPFS’ wide ranging IT infrastructure and support of business information systems, ensuring that digital IT services are delivered to COPFS’ internal and external customers and stakeholders to specified SLA’s and expected levels of quality. The post-holder will line manage ISD’s Support functions, including Infrastructure Support, Service Desk, Service Management and Application Support Services.
Members of these teams will work as part of specific or integrated project teams to deliver the required Digital Strategy and ISD Portfolio workstreams and deliverables.
The key duties of the post will include:
- Operational accountability for the effective and efficient day to day management, maintenance and service delivery of COPFS’ complex and wide-ranging IT digital infrastructure and information systems and services;
- Line managing ISD’s Support and Service Management functions;
- Reporting IT operations and service delivery performance information to the Head of IT Operations;
- Managing and engaging with ISD’s third-party vendors and solutions providers to ensure SLA’s and quality requirements are delivered;
- Maintaining and developing ISD’s enterprise digital systems and operational IT risk management, disaster recovery and resiliency systems and processes;
- Providing effective and visible incident management response and ownership (briefing and seeking the advice of the Head of IT Operations as appropriate) for solutions actions and stakeholder communications to recover, restore and communicate effectively IT incidents, ensuring root cause fixes and preventative solutions are recommended or applied as appropriate.
- Attending ISD, supplier, stakeholder and project internal and external meetings.
The post-holder will manage the ISD Support Functions, including the IT Service Desk and Service Management functions. This will involve managing a team of around 20 people, with 4 direct senior manager reports. Tracking and monitoring of operational and supplier budgets expenditure is involved.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA REQUIRED
The competencies form the key essential criteria for this post.
The essential and desirable criteria for this post are outlined below. Candidates will be required to fully demonstrate their technical skills as well as competencies at interview.
- Strong evidence of IT senior management experience working in a corporate or enterprise environment.
- Proven track record in the operational support and delivery of IT infrastructure and information systems within an ITIL framework.
- Demonstrable experience and track-record in successfully leading and developing a team of IT professionals responsible for delivering IT infrastructure systems and digital services.
- Strong working knowledge and operational management experience of IT infrastructure enterprise technologies, covering but not limited to: Microsoft Windows based systems; Active Directory Management; Office 365 and Cloud Based Technologies (MS Azure); Domain and Applications Server technologies; SAN’s; Network and telecommunications engineering; Firewalls and related security protocols; Virtualisation solutions; Desktops/laptops/tablets; Secure information architecture; and Enterprise Patch Management; Web and Intranet applications infrastructure and services.
- Successful track record in delivering enterprise level IT infrastructure operations to corporate KPI’s.
- ITIL certification.
- Experience in the management of vendor and third-party relationships, including management of service levels, compliance and quality requirements and supplier risk and change management assessments.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills, with proven experience of effective relationship-building and ability to present and communicate written and verbal communications with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.