We offer an excellent range of benefits which include:
- 25 days paid holiday + 11.5 public and privilege holidays (rising to 30 days paid holiday after 4 years).
- Flexible working hours (around core time period).
- Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loans.
- Civil Service pension with employer contributions.
- Family friendly benefits.
- Employees Wellbeing Support with Mental Health First Aiders and access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
4th August 2021 at 5pm
About the Role
General Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
The primary purpose of this Test Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery of Testing activities across our Digital Transformation Portfolio. The role will also ensure existing system upgrades deliver the required functionality and meet the required quality assurance acceptance criteria. The Test Manager will work with sponsors and key stakeholders to assess the risk appetite and devise a test strategy and plan. They will oversee the execution of the plan and provide a go/no go recommendation to the sponsors at the end of testing phases. A controlled testing program is therefore paramount to success and will require appropriate levels of coverage and management. Structured testing at each phase ensures the quality of the products delivered.
Role Specific Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
- Defining the test strategy, of all types and phases of testing, including entry and exit criteria, resource requirements (people, data, technology, software) ensuring it is fit for purpose and tailored to the stages of project implementation.
- Manage the production and maintenance of test plans, test summaries, and ensure test sign-off of deliverables prior to software deployment, especially in relation to any external development partner.
- Overseeing and guiding creation of appropriate testing plans and scripts and their execution for each test phase or type.
- Ensure delivery of all test deliverables as defined in Test Strategy & Test Plans to ensure coherent and consistent testing.
- Ensure any risks associated with the test strategy and system test plans are clearly documented. Manage or escalate any risks associated with the testing, taking preventative action when appropriate.
- Overseeing and management of the selection and creation of automated testing approaches/ tools to increase levels of test automation and promote the adoption of an ‘automate first’ mindset across the organisation.
- Support the implementation of a continuous testing approach to ensure that we are actively reducing the cycle time in testing, eventually allowing for continuous deployments.
- Focussing on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing tools, test techniques, test automation.
- Building and maintenance of quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Lead a team of IT Test professionals. With direct line management responsibilities for 2 Senior Test Leads.
- Mentor and advise other team members in testing practices.
Please note this is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be required as appropriate to the role
Essential Criteria Required
The essential criteria for this post are outlined below. Candidates will be required to fully demonstrate their technical skills as well as competencies at interview.
- Experience of all phases of testing lifecycle including System, Functional, SIT, Regression, UAT, Non-Functional testing.
- Experience of leading and managing testing activities in an agile Software Development environment.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools like Gherkins, Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium or similar.
- Experience of using Azure DevOps/JIRA.
- Excellent understanding of Software Quality Assurance standards and best practice.
- Strong skills in managing change control processes and experience of managing zero defect application testing.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to challenge, influence and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Knowledge of performance tools like Apache JMeter, Fiddler, LoadRunner, Artillery or similar.
- Certifications in ISQTB Software Testing or similar qualification.
If you have any queries please email Recruitment@copfs.gov.uk.
Application packs are available to download from our website http://www.copfs.gov.uk/careers.
Please submit a CV and a fully completed Personal Information Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection will be competency based with additional technical questions.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service (COPFS) has ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), and would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews and any other discussions in the process must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this way of working, COPFS asks all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to participate in the virtual interview and discussions as well as access to a personal device of choice by which you can undertake the interview/assessment if selected. Please ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video.
Please note that COPFS has exemptions from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974).
COPFS must also adhere to strict Civil Service and Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standards regarding nationality, identity and history verification rules.