Job DescriptionJunior Administrator Apprenticeship - 18 Month Fixed Term Contract Location: NorthamptonSalary: £16,485 p/a
Hours: 37.5hrs per weekCareer Level A: Core Contributor You can achieve more at St Andrew’s Healthcare
A top 20 UK charity, St Andrew’s transforms the lives of people experiencing complex mental health illnesses or disorders by providing specialist secure mental healthcare. We aspire to deliver truly world class, holistic services within our outstanding, modern facilities. We also have a responsibility, as a charity, to educate the next generation of professionals and to innovate, researching new treatments, therapies and environments to achieve better outcomes for our patients. You will be based in the Men's Medium Secure (MMS) IPU and will work under the support and guidance of the Administration team. About the Role:
The post holder is required to undertake a fully funded apprenticeship qualification within 3 months of starting the role. As a trainee you will complete an apprenticeship training programme alongside your day to day job role to develop new skills, knowledge and behaviours that you may not currently have. Demonstrating an excellent work ethic, the post holder is expected to be ready and willing to start their apprenticeship training within 3 months of starting their role. You will have supported learning time and mentoring to support you to complete your apprenticeship level 2 qualification.
The role is a 18 month fixed term contract to ensure sufficient time to complete your apprenticeship qualification. Purpose of Role:
To provide an efficient and effective front line administrative service. You will work closely with the IPU administration team who will provide support and guidance to help you achieve in your role.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the IPU administration team.
- Formatting and typing of documentation, as required using Microsoft Office, and other software packages.
- Provide support for meetings including room booking and set up, ordering refreshments, preparation and distribution of agendas and meeting minutes and monitoring of actions.
- Ensure that communication with all internal and external contacts is effected in a professional, courteous and responsive manner. Deal directly with queries and ensure that messages/ in depth requests are dealt with or passed to the appropriate staff member expediently.
- Ensure adequate stock of stationary and general office supplies.
- Improve communication in the IPU by maintaining IPU notice board(s) ensuring displays are current and up to date.
- Support the administration team and managers to establish and maintain accurate and efficient ward filing systems, including; archiving and audit of patient files.
- Photocopying, collation and distribution of reports, correspondence, handouts etc.
- Clinical stock ordering
Package and Benefits:
- Communicates effectively
- Continually improve self and others
- Active listener
- Team worker
- GCSE English equivalent Grade 5+ or B
- GCSE Maths equivalent Grade 5+ or B
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft office
- Takes responsibility for initiating and completing tasks, manages priorities and time in order to successfully meet deadline
- 35 days annual leave, increasing to 41 after 10 year’s service
- Life cover
- Car lease scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan
- Free parking
- Paid DBS application
- Access to vocational qualifications
If you would like to know more about this post or would like an informal chat or visit please contact us Closing Date - 30th April 2019