Junior Business Analyst - Information Security
The Information Security Business Analyst directly supports the success of the Pearson Chief Information Security Office through strategic planning, business operations business intelligence and the automation of key information security demand processes.
The role provides the opportunity to be involved in the ongoing digital transformation of Pearson and it’s information security capabilities. Pearson is the world’s leading education company and as a result are custodians of some of the most sensitive information. Join the Pearson CISO team and make a difference to learners lives.
To understand more about Pearson CISO watch thisvideo
You will be reporting to the Senior Business Analyst in the CISO Business Operations and Delivery team, with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the department budget (addressing Purchase Orders requests and invoices) by liaising with delivery managers and VPs to review spend and ensure alignment to overall budget requirements.
- Support the team during the yearly operational and strategic budget/strategy planning cycle and manage the business cases creation throughout the Investment Review Board process to secure funding and capture all cost workings and related benefits.
- Support the platform architects to provide meaningful reporting of platforms’ information security risk by creating scorecards and dashboards for senior stakeholders.
- Support the CISO Demand Management process by ensuring all security requests are dealt with in a timely manner and provide CISO team leads and VPs with relevant analysis of OLAs/SLAs and statistics to measure value and performance.
- Support the governance, risk and compliance team in the operational KPIs review and manage the KPIs collection process and reporting to the CISO SVP and CTOO.
- Reviews business requirements and determines where support is needed relative to existing system and process design. Identifies key opportunities for redesign of systems to meet business needs.
- Gathers and analyses information or data on current and future trends of best practice. Seeks information on issues impacting the progress of organizational and process issues. Translates up to date information into continuous improvement activities that enhance performance.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Proactively takes the first steps to identify and address existing and potential obstacles, issues, and opportunities.
- Ability to manage own workload and priorities, as well as having an understanding of agile project management.
- Excellent communication skills to conduct discussions with and write memoranda to all levels of colleagues and peer groups in ways that support troubleshooting and problem solving. Seeks and shares relevant information, opinions, and judgments. Handles conflict empathetically. Explains the context of inter-related situations, asks probing questions, and solicits multiple sources of advice prior to taking action.
- The ability to interact with Pearson’s personnel, build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and manage stakeholders’ expectations clearly.
- Has a good understanding of the processes, functions, and operations of the business. Keeps informed on business operations. Implements solutions for improvements that align with day-to-day business needs
- Review business requirements and determine where support is required based upon effective prioritisation
- Hands-on experience in understanding, developing and communicating financial planning activities
Qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in information systems, business management or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting requirements
- Experience and understanding of technology based organisations
- Strong/advanced skills with Microsoft and/or Google Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Working experience of Jira
- It would be desirable, but not essential, to have coding skills to enable hands on automation of process.
Primary Location: GB-GB-London
Work Locations: GB-London-80 Strand 80 Strand London WC2R 0RL
Organization: Technology & Operations
Employee Status: Regular Employee
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Job Posting: Nov 28, 2018
Job Unposting: Ongoing
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Req ID: 1815264
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.