When an entrepreneur named James Poole founded the firm that is now Carpmaels & Ransford back in 1776, he established a legacy that has shaped the world of intellectual property for over 200 years.
Today, from its offices in London and Munich, Carpmaels & Ransford is a formidable presence in European intellectual property, acting on behalf of some of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Never complacent, we are continually expanding our knowledge and experience by recruiting the brightest graduates and sharing our knowledge within the firm and throughout the profession.
We have the largest specialist life sciences group on one site in Europe. We protect some of the most commercially valuable pharma products in the world, and many of our biotech cases form the basis of EPO case law. We are also engaged by some of the world’s pre-eminent technology companies.
Our clients are diverse, from large corporates through to start-ups. With long standing client relationships in the US, Asia and across Europe, we are deeply involved in managing some of the world’s leading brands and IP portfolios.
Our collaborative ethos informs everything we do, both in work and outside of it. The wide range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm are just one of the ways in which we encourage teamwork and a healthy work/life balance.
What you can expect as Junior Patent Administrator
Reporting to the Patents Team Manager, this is a key role within the Records department. You will be undertaking a broad range of administrative duties, docketing official deadlines and liaising with clients and Carpmaels’ Associates for patent related procedures. You will gain an introductory level of intellectual property knowledge for European patents.
• Handling all file movement within the office.
• Opening and scanning incoming post.
• Archiving closed/granted files.
• Entering new cases on Inprotech (patent management system).
• Processing incoming post from patent offices and clients.
• Updating Inprotech, e.g. with official deadlines and response dates.
• Handling queries sent to the team’s central inbox.
• Circulating daily prompt lists (as required).
• Checking and sending correspondence to European Patent Office (EPO).
• Liaising with fee earners to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Carrying out initial checks on official post.
• Filing new patent applications.
• Reviewing due date (prompt) lists and sending reminders as appropriate.
What we are looking for
• Team player.
• Diligent and thorough, with good attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
In accordance with our equal opportunities policy, we will provide equal opportunities to any employee or job applicant, and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity.