Keystage 2 Marker - Mathematics
Closing date: 21 January 2019 at midday
Keystage 2 Maths Marker marks pupil responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to marking procedures and scheduled deadlines. Our markers undertake a vital role in education, shaping the future of thousands of pupils. Being a marker can inspire fresh ideas and new approaches to teaching your subject. As a teaching professional, you already possess high levels of commitment and dedication. We will complement that with comprehensive training, and support you throughout the assessment process.
- To attend and participate in marker training in May 2019
- To demonstrate that you can apply the mark scheme correctly and to the required nationally agreed standard through the marking of quality assurance samples;
- To mark children’s responses accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained;
- To ensure all deadlines for marking are met;
- To complete administrative tasks as requested; and
- To treat all of the work you carry out in relation to the national curriculum tests as confidential so that test security is not compromised.
- You are a qualified teacher.
- You have a minimum of two full academic year’s teaching experience in the last 8 years.
- You will have experience teaching Key Stage 2 in the relevant subject.
- You are able to work well under pressure.
- You are able to meet deadlines.
- You are IT literate.
- Please note, you will be required to attend training. This will be in May 2019.
- Please also note that all marking will be online where you mark question items using Pearson's online marking mechanism ePEN.
- There will therefore not be any hard copy scripts to mark for Keystage 2.
- Please note that your application can only be considered once two suitable references have been received.
If you have any questions please contact our NCT helpdesk on 0300 303 1270
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.