Global coverage of HR Services is split between two hemispheres. The Eastern hemisphere is based in Sunbury, London. The Western hemisphere is based in Houston, Texas.
HR Services is embarking on an ambitious transformation and modernisation agenda that will centralise, standardise, streamline and simplify operations globally. The ethos of the new function is centred on ensuring a seamless execution in support, relevance in supporting the business and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
The transformation and modernisation program extends well beyond a typical technology implementation and next generation technologies will underpin the transformation. Workday will be implemented as the core platform in moving forward.
The purpose of the Knowledge Management Content Specialist role is to create, maintain and continuously improve knowledge management artefacts stored in the Salesforce CRM. The selected candidate will also to provide operational maintenance of MyHR, the HR portal. The role works collaboratively with content editors within the HR Centres of Excellence and countries across the business.
- Develop processes, tools and templates to manage queries, changes and updates to HR knowledge and content
- Manage publication governance and administer knowledge and content processing, ensuring consistency and clarity of content
- Monitor and report on HR knowledge and content performance, addressing issues and, when necessary, escalating technical issues or configuration change requests to Product Owners or Solutions Support
- Investigate knowledge or content anomalies and manage problem and issue resolution
- Analyse and plan for Knowledge Management and Portal releases/upgrades in partnership with HRIS
- Promote the continuous learning and development of HR Services capability in Knowledge Management, Chat and Portal content
- Maintain global and Delivery Centre specific HR knowledge and content and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Measure and improve accuracy, accessibility and relevance of knowledge based assets
A Level (UK)/Highschool diploma (US) or equivalent education
- Operational creation and maintenance of HR Portal/knowledge base content
- Digital fluency: strong digital skills, with experience spanning UX/graphic design, Photoshop, web editing, creation of wireframes and analytical support tools.
- Numeracy & analytical thinking: able to quickly and effectively generate and analyse a range of data to provide accurate and timely information to inform business decisions
- Risk Management: acts with high level of integrity and respect for data privacy. Takes steps to mitigate against risks in this space and knows when to escalate any concerns
- Solutions focus: seeks to identify solutions and make improvements to processes which will add value to the business and enhance ways of working
- Stakeholder management: ability to build and maintain relationships with key business and HR stakeholders, developing partnering, basic consultancy skills and a 'coach approach' to build trust . Skills in active listening and able to communicate effectively
- Business acumen & customer focus: keeps up to date with internal and external context, seeks to understand the relationship between own activity and BP business drivers. Aware that HR is an enabler of the business and seeks to ensure HR solutions lead to enhanced business effectiveness and results
Leadership & EQ Capability
- Is continually enhancing self-awareness and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness
- Excellent personal organisational skills: good balance of being proactive and reactive; ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks on time
- Applies judgment and common sense: able to use insight and good judgement to inform actions taken and ensure solutions are pragmatic
- Acts with integrity; living and breathing the BP values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team in every interaction
- Works well independently and as a member of the team