This job description is intended to provide an overview of the position and does not include all the tasks that might be required to provide support for your area job requirements.
- Participate, coordinate, conduct and ensure completion of regular safety meetings and all refinery safety programs. Responsible for health and safety performance and awareness in the Laboratory to achieve goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
- Prepares the lab work schedules and manages the daily attendance information to ensure compliance of the payroll requirements.
- Manages the lab supplies to ensure an adequate stock for supporting the lab operation.
- Promote a clean, safe work area and adequate housekeeping within the Laboratory
- Provides support to operating units to assure timely, quality decisions on process feedstock’s, intermediate streams and finished products.
- Serves as the primary communications link within the Laboratory for the assigned operating units or area, and is responsible for giving direction, supervisory input, and overall leadership for a team of 14 Laboratory Technicians.
- Strong focus on reliability and precision of testing in area(s) to assure and/or assist Operations and Commercial departments execute their business plans
- Supervise Laboratory employees by communicating expectations, participating in performance discussions, encourage personal development, and deliver constructive feedback to direct reports
- Mentor and coach Laboratory Technicians regarding best practices, cost control, and participate in Technician evaluations, capabilities and exercises
- Create standards of performance for the analytical group including hiring, training, certification and re-certification programs in regard to hardware, software, and systems within the Laboratory
- Assure the Laboratory follows “Good Laboratory Practices” as defined by the EPA, ASTM and other Federal, State and/or Local regulatory agencies. Execute corporate guidelines of reliable, accurate laboratory function as promoted by the Laboratory Manager’s Network and the Global Fuels and Refining Technical groups
- Participate in incident investigations and IRIS reporting system, internal or external to the Laboratory
- Perform analytical tests when is required.
- Approves finished products according to the established procedures.
- Lead hourly represented team to deliver necessary results to the businessUnderstands and is compliant with all Control of Work (CoW) and Process Safety policies and procedures
Required: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: State of Ohio Stationary Engineering License
Required: Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience required