The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate through the recruitment process, evidence of the following:
- Recent compliance experience of working with large businesses on the most complex tax issues and the ability to quickly develop an understanding of the Large Business operating model.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to nurture and build capability within teams and the ability to motivate people towards stretching goals and inspire the team and delivery partners to engage fully with our business plans and HMRC’s long term vision
- A strong track record of building effective internal and external partnerships very quickly across organisational boundaries
- Strong customer service ethos and focus on delivery with the ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances and tight timescales as priorities evolve and escalate
- Excellent communication and influencing skills to engage confidently in a wide range of situations.
We expect all our senior leaders to be:
- Inspiring – about our work and its future
- Confident – in our engagement with others
- Empowering – to allow our teams to deliver